From which port can we get to Chichen Itza?

brown_eyed_poet

Years ago my husband and I went on a cruise from Florida to Progresso and went to Chichen Itza. We finally talked his best friends into going on a cruise but he want s too see Chichen Itza.

As luck would have it......Now I can't find a cruise room Florida to Progresso. Not sure why?

Are there any more ports of call where we can tour Chichen Itza?

I think the only cruises that offer excursions to Chichen Itza stop at Progreso. It is a two hour bus ride from Progreso to CI. I do not think it is possible to find an excursion from Cozemel to CI, since you would have to take a ferry from Cozemel to the mainland before starting an excursion. The Carnival ships that stop at Progreso are the Magic, Triumph and Elation. These ships home port in New Orleans or Galveston.

Somewhat surprisingly, Celebrity offers an excursion to Chichen Itza from Cozumel. It will be more traveling than sightseeing, but it is possible. I tried to include a link but CC isn't allowing it. Check their website under shore excursions, Caribbean, and sort by duration. It is an 8 hour tour.

Edited by swegert

• 1 month later...

The Elation from New Orleans would be my choice, in fact doing a second trip just to get to Chichen Itza, and New Orleans is a great city to embark from, just dont plan to go during Mardi Gras season. And yes, down there it is a season.

The Elation from New Orleans would be my choice, in fact doing a second trip just to get to Chichen Itza, and New Orleans is a great city to embark from, just dont plan to go during Mardi Gras season. And yes, down there it is a season.
Chichen Itza appears to be closer from Progresso. You can check it on googlmaps.com

• 4 months later...

Hi! Did you find a cruise? We are scheduled to leave Tampa on January 25, 2016 on the RCL ship Brilliance of the Seas. We have a port stop in Cozumel that has an excursion to Chichen Itza. It will be a long day with ferry and bus rides, but that is the only way we will ever see Chichen Itza, and we feel like it is worth it.

HTH