Navigator, suite 601

Just read JoAnne Baer's review and she had the same cabin 601 as I will have in July. JoAnne if you read this, I would love to have more info on the cabin. If there is anyone else who has been in this cabin, your input would be appreciated. Thanks.

We were in 603 and we did go into 601 - huge cabin for the class, bedroom separated by the wall unit. Unusually shaped room. Big support beam in the room, but, I've heard of people decorating that like a palm tree. Not in the way. Only downside is that when the ship drops anchor, you can really hear it and that's usually done at 5:30 in the morning or so (at least that was the case for our New England Itinerary. Maybe it's 1.5 times the size of the regular category room

• 1 month later...

I know this is late...sorry. Somehow I missed this post after I got the new computer (okay, I managed to drop a bloody mary on the old one in the airport lounge at Gatwick on the way home from the spring crossing. Ouch).

This cabin has definite pluses and minuses. It gets a lot of motion, both up and down and side to side in rough seas. And there is the clanging going into port. At least you have a built in alarm clock! The post isn't really in the way. But the best part is the oversized balcony. I had them bring a lounge chair with cushion so I could stretch out. It was wonderful.

You have to book early to get this one...we were shut out for the 2007 crossings by the spring crossing.

Archived