Shore Excursions HELP in Greenland

MichiganDavid

I am looking for a cruiser who has visited GREENLAND and arranged their own one day tours/shore excursions for two to eight adults. My wife and I will be on the Quest Viking Voyage Cruise in August and will stop at five different ports in Greenland. Seabourn does not offer any shore excursions at any of these Greenland ports.

I have been trying to find a private guide and or a private one day tour on the web, but have not had a lot of success.

Please let me know what success you may have had on past year’s Viking cruises – name of tour company or private guide and how to contact them -- your evaluation of the tour would be helpful.

Dave

We went to Qarqartoq in 2012 and if the other ports are similar there may not be much beyond the port/village. Having said that, it was an interesting port of call with great photo opportunities. On the other hand Iceland is fantastic for excursions beyond the immediate locale.

We went to Qarqartoq in 2012 and if the other ports are similar there may not be much beyond the port/village. Having said that, it was an interesting port of call with great photo opportunities. On the other hand Iceland is fantastic for excursions beyond the immediate locale.

Thanks secoma4 for the info -we are stopping at Qaqortog. Still hoping that someone has had some success with setting up or joining a shore excursion in Greenland. The other ports are Paamiut, Ilulissat, Sisimiut and Nuuk.

Dave

We were on this trip in 2014 and there were 2 ports in Greenland that we could not get in to, Nuuk and not sure but I think the other one was Qaqortoq so if you book anything insure you can get your money back if the ship can't make it to the port.

2SailingNomads

Thanks for the advice. But, at the present time, I cannot find any tour to book.

Dave