San Juan on Christmas Day

CANN GREEN

We are on our first Christmas cruise in December 2014 and will be in San Juan on Christmas Day from 7am-2pm. Can anyone tell me what we can expect. Will shops and restaurants be open? Forts? Tours? What have others done in San Juan on Christmas Day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

If you book one offered through the cruise line, it will go. Probably, not a very good selection will be offered. :rolleyes:

Your morning port time there will make is especially difficult.

Maybe, your best bet would be to enjoy Christmas Day on the ship.

LuLu

We were there post cruise in 2012 on Christmas Day, and there were a few places open. I know for sure the Sizzler over in Condado (close to the PanAm pier) was open because we had dinner there. During th day we had a picnic lunch on El Morro's lawn and watched the families and kids play. It was actually a great day. There was also lots of street vendors out and about. San Juan is a great place to walk around. You can have a great time if you want. If you want to see some of my pics read the 2012 Victory review.

• 4 months later...
I will be in San Juan in Christmas day and am worried there will be nothing to do... All excursions are sold out online... :( Any ideas?

There may be no excursions to go on, but San Juan is beautiful.

Take a walking tour of the old town, visit the forts, they may not be open but they are still impressive on the outside. It's a great place for pictures.

Visit the beach for the day, or a few of the hotels will be open for snacks and pool access for a fee.