Need excursion suggestions

Laurelai777

Hello all!

I am going to costa maya with my fiancé on the carnival valor in May. My fiancé was adopted from El Salvador at 6 months old. He is half el salvadorian and half Mayan. We are looking for an excursion that he would enjoy that would show him his heritage. We are only in port from 7 to 2 and this is his first cruise and the first cruise I've taken in 13 years. We are worried about not getting back on the ship on time but have heard that some companies guarantee that you will make it back on the ship as well as pay for any charges necessary incase we do in fact miss the ship.Thanks guys, I look forward to hearing your suggestions!!

Edited by Laurelai777

Hello all!

I am going to costa maya with my fiancé on the carnival valor in May. My fiancé was adopted from El Salvador at 6 months old. He is half el salvadorian and half Mayan. We are looking for an excursion that he would enjoy that would show him his heritage. We are only in port from 7 to 2 and this is his first cruise and the first cruise I've taken in 13 years. We are worried about not getting back on the ship on time but have heard that some companies guarantee that you will make it back on the ship as well as pay for any charges necessary incase we do in fact miss the ship.Thanks guys, I look forward to hearing your suggestions!!

How about Chachobeen or another Mayan ruin? The ship offers a couple even on that short stop as they are only an hour or so away. While I often book privately, I will opt for ship tours in certain circumstances like a short time in port (here), a long tender (Belize) or an unfamiliar destination.

• 4 weeks later...

Keep in mind that when you book excursions through any cruise line they have checked the companies and found they meet certain standards. A major point is that the ship will not leave you if an approved excursion has a problem that brings you back to the ship late.

I speak from personal experience, having been on excursions that were late getting our groups back to the ship due to bus mechanical problems, traffic jams, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
We are on the valor on the 16th and can't wait!!

Thank you guys!! Any more suggestions? :)

My wife and I will be on the Valor the same time! We're leaning toward the Chacchoben tour with Native Choice!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...