Bar hopping on the broadwalk

c-leg5

We have decided just to take water taxi to Philipsburg this time round to stroll along the board walk and shop.

If we take a beer at different bars is the charge for chairs just if you take a lounger on the beach or does it also apply to table and chairs on the sidewalk? Any recommendations for bars?

We did the same last year.

We stopped at a few bars and had a drink.

I think you only have to pay for the loungers on the beach, we always sat directly at the bar or on the sidewalk and never had to pay.

We loved the Lazy Lizzard. They also have good chicken wings and fish plates.

Greets from Germany, Nadine

We did the same last year.

We stopped at a few bars and had a drink.

I think you only have to pay for the loungers on the beach, we always sat directly at the bar or on the sidewalk and never had to pay.

We loved the Lazy Lizzard. They also have good chicken wings and fish plates.

Greets from Germany, Nadine

Thanks for confirming that! I will add that one to my list!

• 2 weeks later...

c-legs,

Dirty Sanchez's has great mojitos!:)

And Taboula Mango's is a real nice food stop.

I know you like "off the beaten path" places so while not on the board walk, you might want to look into the dive bar--"Juggies". It's a small place in an alley way off the water taxi/tender pier between Front Street and the boardwalk. He may have his stand up sign out. "2 beers, 2 cigars, $2.99" I think it's Nisbeth Street. It's a right turn from the pier.

Not sure if it's still there but at one time he had a second location but you just go through the restaurant next to the Haagen Daas shop and you'll see it. Which is to your left off the pier.

c-legs,

Dirty Sanchez's has great mojitos!:)

And Taboula Mango's is a real nice food stop.

I know you like "off the beaten path" places so while not on the board walk, you might want to look into the dive bar--"Juggies". It's a small place in an alley way off the water taxi/tender pier between Front Street and the boardwalk. He may have his stand up sign out. "2 beers, 2 cigars, $2.99" I think it's Nisbeth Street. It's a right turn from the pier.

Not sure if it's still there but at one time he had a second location but you just go through the restaurant next to the Haagen Daas shop and you'll see it. Which is to your left off the pier.

Thanks Crew! You know me too well!

We have visited St Martin a couple of times but have always travelled away from port. This time I thought we would start at Honky Tonk and make our way back along the broadwalk, exploring along the way.

Will certainly look out for your suggestions - love mojitos - cigars not so much, but glad others are finding this thread useful too!

Thanks Crew! You know me too well!

We have visited St Martin a couple of times but have always travelled away from port. This time I thought we would start at Honky Tonk and make our way back along the broadwalk, exploring along the way.

Will certainly look out for your suggestions - love mojitos - cigars not so much, but glad others are finding this thread useful too!

Well let me know what you discover if any of my spots are still around.. Juggies only has a couple of types of beer, like Heinekin and Presidente(?) but for the price it's okay. BIL and I had a Heinekin each and he got 2 stogies and we only spent 3 bucks:D.

We're heading for Little Divi Beach in January (or at least that's the current plan) but I might be able to talk DW into a stroll along the boardwalk on the way back tot he ship.

• 1 month later...

Many thanks for all the suggestions I received here and on my roll call.

Our intention was to take the water taxi to furthest pier, start at Honky Tonk and make our way back along the boardwalk calling in for a beer at several locations.

One thing I can report, since I have asked this question previously, is that some of the water taxis do run to the furthest pier. We asked, after purchasing our tickets, and were told to wait in a certain area and the helpful dispatcher let us know when the particular taxi came in. The taxis did come by regularly but not as often as the ones to the main pier.

Honky Tonk was right there as we got off the water taxi. We found a good seat on the shaded verandah with a great view of the bay and sadly I have to confess we just stayed there, relaxing! After a few beers, we did walk along the boardwalk and explored some of the streets on the way back to the next pier, but I will save my list for next time! We did see numerous little bars along the way that looked fun but I enjoyed the elevated position at Honky Tonk. However there were not many seats and tables in that position so we just got lucky!

Well let me know what you discover if any of my spots are still around.. Juggies only has a couple of types of beer, like Heinekin and Presidente(?) but for the price it's okay. BIL and I had a Heinekin each and he got 2 stogies and we only spent 3 bucks:D.

We're heading for Little Divi Beach in January (or at least that's the current plan) but I might be able to talk DW into a stroll along the boardwalk on the way back tot he ship.

Enjoy your day at Little Divi, that is what we did last time in St Maarten.