Things to do near the cruise port?

Texasgalsa

• 3 weeks later...

We always look forward to taking a short walk outside cruise gate to Pelican Village, but now called Pelican Craft Village. I believe it is .5 mile from ship. A safe easy stroll. You walk through cruise terminal, exit and go outside gate staying on right side where the re is a sidewalk. Keep walking past taxis along waterfront - a nice, pretty sight. Right before you get there, we have always come across a quiet man/ vendor with a clothesline type string of handmade bendable figures made of wire and wrapped rope. Mostly soccer or sports figures in various colors using yarn. This is the only place I have ever seen these. My son loves his rasta colored bendable figure. Comes on a string to hang from a dresser drawer,doorknob etc. I think $15 or 2/$20 but it has been three years to recall.

Now just a bit more and across on left is the outdoor. Shopping village. It is handicap accessible and quaint. Favorite store of ours is Rosalyn's for family back home souvenirs,crafts just about anything. There are also artisan craft studios in area if you inquire. sometimes depending on days, some stores are not open, but Rosayns always was. Plenty of time to shop & return to ship.

Here is. Barbados tourism page with a short video of it. http://www.barbados.org/pelican_village.htm

Agapey Chocokate Favtory was just officially launching organized tours when we were last in Barbados, but have won many awards from Trip Advisor. We are planning on doing this next cruise as one of our things to do.

Look up Agapey Chocolate Factory Barbados. They have a website for information and tour registration. They only take 11 people per tour as a small personalized and family run business. They do not take walk ins.

We are planning this tour next cruise in June. Not many places take time for tasting,demonstration of their unique way to make chocolate bars you will find sold on island. From what I read it is a 5-8 min walk to factory from cruise ship. They provide your confirmation and map upon registering.

Appears it is $18, my tour per calendar was at 9:30 and 1 hr 15 min long. Closed toe shoes required.

Hope this is a surprise find for you.