Airlee Beach Scenic Flight

Janet-

Hi, has anyone done a scenic flight from Airlee Beach? Any recommendations or info or tips.

You might want to check Tripadvisor.com and enter Air Whitsunday for the search to get the reviews. Another site to search is youtube.com. The latter probably will give you a pretty good idea of what you may see. There are helicopter flights and seaplanes - we are planning on taking a seaplane to Whitehaven Beach this coming December.

Yes several…

I'm guessing this is on a cruise day so I would book one of the mid morning slots as soon as possible if there during Jan/Feb/mar as the weather can change and most rainfall is early morning late evening and then showers throughout the day .

If you do definitely take the Whitehaven, Hill Inlet option. This is the most scenic. If time and $ permit do the landing…softest sand I've ever felt and does a great job cleaning jewellery ;)

Mrs Waldo

I've looked at 2 companies, one a sea plane which sounded exciting since it would be a first for me. However, a review for the other company said everyone on theirs had a window seat but this did not happen on the seaplane. What's your experience?

The seaplane has a few doubles while the little plane that operates out of flame tree (with the rain running down the inside of the roof in Feb) does not. Flame tree is the grass strip between shute and airlie

It can't land anywhere.. so you need to balance it off. Landing maybe in a mid seat, views still OK if you are with your partner (we switch so one out one back) or window no landing..

also note that on cruise days they may run one of the slightly larger craft so even on the fixed you have a mid seat