How easy is it to hire a driver for the day?

klepton

This will be our first time in St. Croix. I think I'm settled on wanting to do the Tide Pools hike first, and then swing by the Ridge to Reef farm. I think these locations are a little off the beaten path. Probably makes sense to just hire a taxi for the day. Is St. Croix like other caribbean islands where the drivers are lined up and readily available at the pier? Is there a general cost I can expect to pay?

Thanks!

This will be our first time in St. Croix. I think I'm settled on wanting to do the Tide Pools hike first, and then swing by the Ridge to Reef farm. I think these locations are a little off the beaten path. Probably makes sense to just hire a taxi for the day. Is St. Croix like other caribbean islands where the drivers are lined up and readily available at the pier? Is there a general cost I can expect to pay?

Thanks!

You are right that those two places are definitely way out of the way. I have no idea how much it will cost you but yes you can make your arrangements with the drivers lined up in front of the pier.

Just an fyi, the tide pool hike is pretty serious. Please pack proper footwear and lots of water!