Fresh start, fresh thread - 200+ countdown begins. Come join!

Let'sGo!

Hello all,

I looked through a number of the weight loss threads on here, but it seemed some of them had been going so long, the chat had become less about weight loss support and more about friendships! I just didn't have the heart to bust in! So with that in mind, I'm starting a fresh thread.

According to the little countdown clock on my desk, I'm 274 days away from my cruise :(, but I'm trying to look at that with some positivity... that's 274 days I have to take off some lbs!:rolleyes:.

We are cruising on Liberty of the Seas next May. We skipped taking a cruise this year in favor of a land trip to Hawaii. LOVED IT! But we both did miss cruising, and I'm convinced there is no better cure for the post travel hangover than booking another adventure. So that's how we ended up booking so far in advance.

In the real world of doctors and charts, I should lose about 90 lbs. In my reality, I'll be happy with 40... or for that fact, anything! I was able to lose about 50 pounds before flying to Hawaii this year (made that long flight more manageable for sure) so I know I can do this.

Anyone want to start fresh and join me??? Please do!

Maybe we can eventually end up with one of those long threads!

Ann

The weekly Thursday Weigh in threads are just that - a place we show up every week and report on the past successes and failures. As the week goes by its more social, but then it starts fresh again the following Thursday. (And we get an inspiring poem to boot!) Just an option.

Good luck with your journey - look forward to seeing your progress.

Yay! So happy to have some new folks!

I've lost 7 pounds so far since I started this project. Really, I could have lost more, if I would just stay committed :mad:. It's too easy to say "yes" when someone at work invites me out to lunch!

For now, I'm just trying to count some calories (My Fitness Pal is a great website for that) and trying to get some gym time in. It's just so hard to drag myself to the gym after a 10 hour day at work! I really want to try going in the mornings.

I have the same issue as wackywolfords, the weekends kill me! I like to eat out with my family and have some beers on the weekends... then it makes it hard to work out! I weigh in on Friday's so I will post my progress but still trying to lose the 10 I gained the last couple weeks!

• 2 weeks later...

Is it okay to discuss weight loss methods on here? I'm curious at what others are doing to lose weight. I'm going to focus on how I eat, plan to exercise 3-4 times a week and take supplements (Garcinia Cambogia). I am going to try and find a Zumba class to join close to where I live and go to a Soul Cycle class on Sundays because it isn't that close. Those will count for 2 workout days and I'll do the other 2(maybe 3) at the the gym in my clubhouse.

Anyone want to share their plan?

im in. i started whole30 on monday though they tell you not to weigh yourself for the 30 days i just cant do that. my weigh in day will be mondays. i had surgery august 5th so was unable to run for 4 weeks and was not running as much the few weeks before, after surgery i just ate crap. its showing on the scale. so im back on track now. i have 168 days till my cruise. i would like to lose 30 lbs

I'm trying to lose 20-25 lbs before my trip. I've been working out 4-5 days a week (for the past month). I prefer working out at home that way my 14 year old daughter can join me. I haven't been taking any supplements, but am trying make a vegetable/fruit juice for breakfast during the week. And meal prep lunches on Sunday for the following week.

I would like to join in too! We don't have another cruise planned until feb 2017 but we are going to Hawaii in April 2016. I would like to lose 25-30 lbs by then. And then maintain for the cruise. I have had success with WW in the past so I am signed up again. As someone else mentioned, weekends are my downfall. We just adopted a baby girl so our going out to eat (& drink) has essentially been nil for the past few weeks. I am going to work on getting exercise this upcoming week. It's hard to find time with a newborn [emoji4]

Well, since I last posted I am down 5, so that's good. But would be more exciting if I hadn't just gained 10. Summer was hard!

Also, Trixiegal: I really like Zumba! I have been doing Zumba on mondays, bootcamp on Tuesdays, Thursday is Urban boot camp and I have been also trying to do the Cize videos M-F and Saturday and Sunday are a hit & miss... well, mostly a miss. As for eating I just try to eat mostly low fat and portion control!

Since 8/26, I have lost 2.4lbs. Not much but hey, it's a start. :) for work outs I like to do: Zumba, bootcamp, and kicking boxing. I tend not to do anything on the weekends so that doesn't help at all. I have a Fitbit so I try to walk 13,000 steps everyday however, I don't often get there on the weekends. 156 days til cruise!! [emoji160] (yeah right for me)

I'll join you. I have 47 days til my next cruise. I lost 30 pounds last year with Jenny Craig, but a cruise in May and a couple of family vacations during the summer have helped me to gain back eight pounds. I'm using some of Jenny Craig's food but mostly regular food on their plan and hope to re-lose those pesky pounds. Good luck to all of us.

I have 70 plus days till we cruise and my weight is coming off slowly. I've been trying to eat bigger meals at breakfast and lunch and dinner is a usually a big salad. I've been walking with a dvd when I get home from work. We are flying for the first time in 10 years and I want to make sure I can fit in a airplane seat since I have gained a lot of weight since then. Lets go we can do this.

Hi all,

I'm in too! I have my very first cruise in 305 days as my MBA graduation present to myself and would like to lose some lbs before-hand. Have been horseback riding once a week, which is an amazing workout, but need to do more. Also am half doing Atkins. Lost about 25 lbs last year while on it, but gained about 5-10 back (am doing the gain/lose thing).

I'll try to come in every Thursday after class for the weigh-in.

I've got 91 days before our cruise. I would like to loose 15 pounds before it. I've been doing low carb since the beginning of the year and have done pretty well on it. Also doing yoga and some free weights. I really could up my cardio though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm in. I've got 202 days until my next cruise, in May on Liberty of the Seas. I would like to lose 20 pounds but would be thrilled with 15. I absolutely love to eat. So I need to get myself in the gym to burn off those calories!!! It will be nice having a support group for accountability and encouragement. Good luck to all! We can do this !!!!!