Clay Hotel South Beach?

mufc99

I know somebody that stayed at the above hotel.

Must say they are very frugal! :-)

Would this be one of the best spots to stay in South Beach - like being next to all the action?

The reviews of this place aren't so great but would consider some place better nearby if this is a good spot.

Would this be one of the best spots to stay in South Beach - like being next to all the action?

The reviews of this place aren't so great but would consider some place better nearby if this is a good spot.

The location is great, as it is in the middle of South Beach and accessible to so many things. The hotel used to be a Hostel a number of years ago, and then was converted to a "boutique" hotel. Reviews are mixed, and I think there are better options, of course depending on the time of year you are traveling and your budget. Many of the boutique hotels were former apartment buildings; rooms are very small, and the walls are thin.

I like the Collins Ave oceanfront hotels ... Lowe's, Royal Palm, Richmond, W, SLS ... so many more to name. Even if you choose not to stay in one of the oceanfront hotels, you can still walk in, check out the bar and nightlife, although many pool areas are restricted only to hotel guests.

Edited by brunello22

If you want to be in the middle of all the action, stay at The Clevelander on Ocean Drive.

The Clay is on Espanola Way which is a cool area with alfresco dining with great restaurants like Tap Tap and Havana 1957.

Thanks for the tips - sounds like a lively spot! :-)

It's nice but it is no livelier than other parts of South Beach. I'm not sure what you are looking for but it isn't in the middle of any action.

The biggest downfall is lack of pool.

I love the flamingo out front.

Are you looking for budget or elegance? Most of the action is on Collins/Ocean Drive from 5th to 15th street.Still many little old affordable Deco hotels on Collins. Most will be reviewed on Tripadvisor.com by readers .Clevelander has an outside bar with entertainment.

We are into bars, restaurants and free entertainment(bands) at night time.

Think the Clevelander would be a bit too full on by the sounds of it, though the Essex at the back sounds a little tamer! :-)

Is there a spot like this in Fort Lauderdale? Would that be Las Olas?

We are into bars, restaurants and free entertainment(bands) at night time.

Think the Clevelander would be a bit too full on by the sounds of it, though the Essex at the back sounds a little tamer! :-)

Is there a spot like this in Fort Lauderdale? Would that be Las Olas?

That would be Himmarshee Village. It is close to Las Olas, about two blocks away. It is where are the bars and nightclubs are located with some great restaurants. The Riverside would be the closest hotel or the Hampton Inn.

Fort Lauderdale and South Beach aren't live entertainment/band places. We are the land of DJs.

FtL is about the opposite of South Beach. Really a retirement area, little if any nightlife.Also, no close beach.

No close beach to Las Olas? Las Olas ends at the beach right in the heart of the action on A1A.

Edited by BlueHerons

Spotted a few musicians on this average Youtube:

Looks a lively place! :-)

One lonely Spanish guitar at the Majestic and a band at Finnegan's Way. The rest were all DJs.

Sorry, really no music scene in South Florida. We are the home of the DJ rock star.

While you'll find live music, it isn't great.

Ocean Drive is a lot of fun!

If you want to be in the action, I would suggest The Hotel, The Essex House, The Chesea, Courtyard Marriott South Beach, The Avalon, The Colony.

They are all centrally located without being on top of craziness.