Caye Caulker with Coral Breeze

dsg560

• 3 weeks later...

After extensive research online, I chose to book with Coral Breeze tours for my brief day in Belize. I wanted a more personal touch than what the cruise excursions could offer, and captain Mark and crew did not disappoint.

From the moment we left the tender, Mark was just outside the tourist area to greet us. We then walked a short distance to the dock and met with Ivar where we paid our balance and were fitted with our fins. My son and I were lucky enough to get an early tender, so we had to wait a short time for others to arrive. We also had to wait for the weather to cooperate as well. I could tell that safety was taken into account, as we waited until the water was a bit more calm.

Once on our way, Mark was super informative, explaining all of the interesting points along the way. Although the water was a bit choppy, I never for a moment felt unsafe. As a single mom traveling with my 14 year old son, this was very important to me.

Upon arrival at Caye Caulker, we dropped one couple off for island exploring, and after a restroom break, the rest of us headed out towards the reef. It was amazing! Mark knew just where to guide us. It was here that I truly appreciated the small size of our group (5 adults, 3 teens, and two kiddos) as he was able to show us things up close.

After about 40 minutes, most of us were pretty tired, as the water was still fairly choppy, and it was time to move on to shark and stingray alley. This was beyond words. None of the kids wanted to get in the water, but Mark was kind enough to help them touch a shark from the boat, which my son

loved. We stayed here for a while and then headed back to the island for lunch.

Our meal was prompt and delicious and left us time to explore this sweet little island. After our walk to the split and back, we met back with the group to board the boat. Mark drove around the island so we could feed the tarpons and then it was time to start heading back to port. Mark was very conscientious of the time, and I never felt as though we would miss our tender.

Once back at the docks, Mark and crew walked us back to the tourist/cruise port area.

Overall, this was a wonderful experience and I would not hesitate to book with Coral Breeze Tours again. I only wish it could have lasted longer and look forward to going back soon!!!

• 1 month later...

My DD and I have done this on 2 times....it is incredible...I agree with everything that dlinr said about it but when we got back to Caye Caulker, we rented a golf cart and got to go all over the island....we didn't do the lunch option, we bought kabobs from a guy on the beach that was grilling chicken, lobster, or caunch(sp?) and it was soooooo good....:)

• 2 weeks later...

I booked this last year but it was cancelled due to lack of interest. I'm back again in December and I really wanted to do this but the tour seemed have changed a little and there was no price on the website. I emailed and Mark responded that he was waiting for cruse lines to finalize schedules or something like that. Hmmmmmmmm. Didn't make much sense to me but whatever. It almost sounds like it isn't happening anymore.

I'm not really into the group snorkeling excursion thing. I just wanted to go and spend a couple of hours at Caye Caulker and head back. Always the option of the water taxi there and back but kind of a tight window and I've heard that times and reliability vary with them. I'm not a chicken little about doing private excursions in port but quite honestly the water taxi companies don't have the accountability of the excursion companies and I'm reluctant. Also don't want to ruin my day worrying.

We went through Coral Breeze for the Island Escape tour to Caye Caulker. We were meant at Gate 1 and had to walk with our guide to the pier and get on our boat. That was different than we did 4 years ago. Our guide was with us, but I wouldn't have walked alone, but we had 16 of us. The guides were very nice. We got to spend over 3 hours on the island. We rented golf carts and explored. We ate at the restaurant where we docked and drank beer there. We shopped a bit then it rained. We rode back to town and were dropped off in the shopping area with time to spare. We enjoyed our excursion and were taken care of by the crew.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
My DD and I have done this on 2 times....it is incredible...I agree with everything that dlinr said about it but when we got back to Caye Caulker, we rented a golf cart and got to go all over the island....we didn't do the lunch option, we bought kabobs from a guy on the beach that was grilling chicken, lobster, or caunch(sp?) and it was soooooo good....:)

Hello skyfire53!

Exactly where did you rent the golf cart and do you mind if I ask how much you paid? I assume carts can be rented at the airport, but I prefer a rental somewhere on Caye Caulker's main drag, if at all possible. Thanks in advance for any info.

• 1 month later...

For a day on Caye Caulker we had an excellent day just going on our own via water taxi. You can rent a golf cart or just walk the "town", we enjoyed relaxing at the Lazy Lizard with inexpensive drinks and great food and an amazing view...

You can also get a flight back if their schedule works for you, nice way to see some of the coast!

• 2 months later...

Thank you! I am nervous about taking the ferry over to Caye Caulker. We are in Belize from 8-5, by the time I get off the tender from the ship it will probably be 9:30. So we will have to wait for that 10:30 shuttle. By the time we get to Caye Caulker we are looking at 11:00-11:30. The 3:30 shuttle might be pushing it to get back on time for the ship. I have heard of the shuttle not showing up and being late. Booo...I really wanted to check out the island!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to copy/paste what I posted in another thread about a negative experience i had with Coral Breeze last year, March 2015. This was the Shark/Ray Alley, Corral Garden, Caye Caulker excursion.

I've done the Coral Breeze tour three times. The first two times were very positive, but both were several years ago. I tried them again last year with my family and it was the worst excursion experience I've ever had. I don't know if they've had a management change but I doubt I will ever book with them again. The tour was very late to start. I don't think we spent more than 15-20 minutes at either the gardens or with the sharks. I barely had time to take any pictures! The only good part was Caye Caulker which my wife found very quaint and the lunch was delicious. Although it has become much more commercialized than in years past. My daughter had a Chocolate chip frappacino at the Starbucks there... Personally I'd be very wary of Corral Breeze. As I said the worst experience I've had to date on a shore excursion.