Seattle Hotel

My R/T Seattle cruise starts on July 17, 2017 & leaves from Pier 91.

I booked my flight for July 15, 2017.

I plan on renting a car & driving to Mt. Rainier on July 16, 2017.

Where should I try to book a hotel? (I'm using miles - so I do have some limitations.)

Near the airport? In Tacoma? In Seattle near the port? Somewhere else? I did not see anything in Enumclaw (again miles).

I'm asking because I don't know the impact of my plans regarding traffic... (Or if that is a concern at all on a Sunday in July. I do hope to leave prior to dawn if that matters.)

Also I need to return the car to the Airport on the 17th which means I need to know "the best" way to get to the cruise terminal from the airport.

Thanks in advance.

There are many threads on West Coast Departure board, where Seattle is covered extensively. Cheaper is by the airport, but then you miss the beauty of Seattle. Parking downtown is pretty steep.

There are no hotels relatively close to Pier 91.

Transport to the port is discussed all the time. Taxi or town car is the commonly recommended. Light rail is cheaper, but doesn't go particularly near the ports- walking, dragging bags is the result.

Edited by CruiserBruce

There are many threads on West Coast Departure board, where Seattle is covered extensively. Cheaper is by the airport, but then you miss the beauty of Seattle. Parking downtown is pretty steep.

There are no hotels relatively close to Pier 91.

Transport to the port is discussed all the time. Taxi or town car is the commonly recommended. Light rail is cheaper, but doesn't go particularly near the ports- walking, dragging bags is the result.

Thanks, I thought that PNW covered Seattle... I'll try again over there.

I don't know the impact of my plans regarding traffic... (Or if that is a concern at all on a Sunday in July. I do hope to leave prior to dawn if that matters.)

YES it matters - especially on a Sunday going to Rainier NP and if visiting the Paradise visitor center. The backup to enter the park at the Nisqually entrance can be very long after 9-10am - sometimes an hour or more. Staying at a hotel in the airport area gives a bit of a jump although freeway traffic will be light. Visiting the Sunrise visitor center first (at sunrise) is less traffic and then driving around to Paradise in afternoon would be easier. The parking lot at Paradise frequently fills up though in the afternoon on weekends.

Tip for park entrance - if you have an America the Beautiful pass (or Sr. Pass or Access Pass) there is often an "express" lane once you approach the actual entrance for pass holders. But it is the miles long backup crawl outside the park that is the time killer.

OP, you didn't say if price was an issue for where you want to stay. There are many hotels downtown Seattle that offer valet parking. If money isn't a concern, I suggest looking into Inn at the Market. It's right near Pike Street Market and, IMO, a great hotel. It does offer valet parking too.