Pre ordered gifts "choc., flowers, wine, Strawberries, nuts, ect."

floatingfun711

Has anyone preordered gifts and like them or thought they were a good value? We are cruising on the Reflection, Nov 29th. to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. I would like to pre order a few special surprises for our anniversary with my husband. I am looking at the flowers, martini glass chocolates, salty nuts, Choc. covered strawberries. Please share your experiences. Thanks in advance.

Chocolate Covered Strawberries are nice... But crazy expensive... Which is true for most of the food items / platters.

We now prefer to DIY...

Bring flowers aboard (bouquet, your Steward will find a vase)... candy, nuts & snack foods if you would like them (definite shortage of junk food on the ship... The Convenience Store has a limited supply, and overpriced)

Everything else you can round up for yourself in the Buffet... Cheese, Fruit etc (at ZERO $ )

If you have a Special Occasion to celebrate... No doubt one night you'll receive a complimentary "occasion cake / dessert" in the MDR / DR if you noted the occasion on your Cruise Reservation when you booked (if not you can always ask the Maitre D)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

My husband had flowers delivered to our cabin on our first Celebrity cruise. They were gorgeous and lasted all week! It was such a nice surprise for them to be delivered in the evening while I was getting ready. I don't think it would have been as special or romantic to me if he had bought them off the ship and i saw him bring them on board, and he would have had no way to hide them without destroying them.

How does one go about ordering flowers to be sent? Can this be done in advance so they are in the room when we are able to go to our rooms?

Yes, you can. I called Celebrity and ordered that way because I wasn't sure what cabin my friends had. I'm not sure if the flowers were in their cabin when they arrived. Considering the hectic turn-around day, I'm not sure if they can guarantee that.

How does one go about ordering flowers to be sent? Can this be done in advance so they are in the room when we are able to go to our rooms?

Gifts by Celebrity via the website: http://www.celebritycruises.com/bonvoyage/gifts-by-celebrity

Look thru there, eventually you will find Floral arrangements. (Gifts for delivery on board > Special Occasions > Floral Arrangements)

Or call them at 1-800-242-6374.

And here's a printable order form with full details: http://www.celebritycruises.com/media/en_US/pdf/amenity/CEL_GiftOrderFormConsumer.pdf

I use this to prepurchase extra bottles of sparkling wine for when i host gatherings. The prices are the same or less than purchasing once on board, and there is no gratuity added to the price, in essence making them 15% discount from buying on board.

Others have stated if you mark your reservation for a special event a cake will be delivered to dinner, but many have experienced this does not happen automatically, that in order to ensure it does, follow up once on board with Concierge or Maitre'd if you are EXPECTING something special.

Also as to Gifts by Celebrity, delivery time and day does vary. Some report finding them in cabin on arrival, others have had them arrive the next or subsequent day. For me with my preordered wines, I put in the gift greeting card section "please ensure it is delivered in time for a sail-away gathering with bottles on ice", however if you are truly sending as a gift, this may not work so well LOL. so in that case I'd call ahead and ensure they deliver for embarkation if that's important for your occasion.

Edited by cle-guy

• 2 weeks later...

I have received the roses on many cruises from my DH. The roses are lovely and last around a week. Sometimes they are in the room open arrival. But this past March it was the second night and three inquiries before the roses were delivered.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My children arranged for flowers, champagne and a decorated cabin for our 25th anniversary but that was on RCL. It was a surprise and was lovely. The flowers lasted 14 nights although we did pluck out a few sad ones along the way to keep them looking nice and the champagne we opened right away. :D

I have not been able to find th cabin decorations on the celebrity site, only birthday ones.

Too bad because it really did help make the trip feel special.

As for the other stuff, most of it is a bit over priced but as it is a special occasion only you can decide if it has value for you.

Edited by monicajay