Linked Reservations

marimojo

I am cruising with a very large family group. We have 20 cabins and all of our reservations are linked together. It is really important to us that we are all seated close together for dinner. I think we will need about 5 tables. How likely is it that Carnival will do this automatically, since we are linked, or should I try and send an email to the matre d' (assuming I can find their e-mail address)? Does anyone have any experience with large group seatings at dinner?

Thank you!

We have done some large groups before, (not 20:eek:) and all I have ever done is just call Carnival and request it. The last time it took all the room numbers and names of people in those cabins to all call in and Ok this, but have never really had a problem. I do think they can seat 10 at larger tables, so maybe request 2 tables of 10 and just rotate people each night.

Have your travel agent contact the groups event planning department and note on the group reservation that you all want to be seated near each other in the dining room. This will ensure that it happens and you won't have to worry about it on your vacation.

Hopefully you booked it as a Group .

Your TA will contact the Group Coordinator for your group when the Group in finalized after final .

That person can take care of the dining request .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by MCC retired

When we sailed with a group of 20, we contacted Carnival to link the reservations. Someone from each room had to call. We were seated at 2 tables for 10. We put the adults at one table and the kids, ages 10-24 at the other table. The tables were side by side.

I am cruising with a very large family group. We have 20 cabins and all of our reservations are linked together. It is really important to us that we are all seated close together for dinner. I think we will need about 5 tables. How likely is it that Carnival will do this automatically, since we are linked, or should I try and send an email to the matre d' (assuming I can find their e-mail address)? Does anyone have any experience with large group seatings at dinner?

Thank you!

We had a group of 16 with our reservations linked. When we all got checked in we found that somehow they didn't link our tables for dinner. We headed to the MDR to talk to them and they fixed it for us right away. On your schedule or funtimes, there is a time closer to the supper hour to go check on dining arrangements. Don't wait until then if you have this problem. It is better to get it fixed right away. They were happy to help us.

I think that my issue is the exception and from what I hear, most people get their tables together with no problems.

Oh and the other "problem" was that our two tables were served by two different sets of wait staff. None of us cared, but one of the waiters did a lot of muttering under his breath about his tip, since he was serving people who might have been listed on the other table, we just sat where ever between the two tables. The tip was fine, none of us took our tips off and we gave extra to the persons who we felt deserved that extra.

We had a group of 16 with our reservations linked. When we all got checked in we found that somehow they didn't link our tables for dinner. We headed to the MDR to talk to them and they fixed it for us right away. On your schedule or funtimes, there is a time closer to the supper hour to go check on dining arrangements. Don't wait until then if you have this problem. It is better to get it fixed right away. They were happy to help us.

I think that my issue is the exception and from what I hear, most people get their tables together with no problems.

Oh and the other "problem" was that our two tables were served by two different sets of wait staff. None of us cared, but one of the waiters did a lot of muttering under his breath about his tip, since he was serving people who might have been listed on the other table, we just sat where ever between the two tables. The tip was fine, none of us took our tips off and we gave extra to the persons who we felt deserved that extra.

What about the tip thing that bothered the waiter? He'll get auto tip anyway.