Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Seabourn Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Seabourn Cruise Line Read Luxury Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you!

Old August 14th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Norweign Fjords on Seabourne

We have booked the July 4th sailing of the Seabourne Pride that goes through the fjords on up past the arctic Circle. Is there a better side ie. port or starboard with regards to view. Thanks in advance for any helpful information!!

Old August 16th, 2008, 06:27 AM
50,000+ Club

While I have not done the North Cape Cruise, I did do a cruise on the Pride that included the Norwegian Fjords.

Others might have other thoughts, but I don't think it matters which side of the ship you are on. The reason I say this is because you will likely want to enjoy the scenery from other areas of the ship such as the open deck. And, the scenery will be all around you. What's nice about the size of the ship, is in a matter of a minute or less you can easily be out on deck.

What I would suggest though is selecting a room that is mid-ship if available given that the seas can be a little rough in this area of the world.

Keith

Old August 16th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

We did a two week cruise up to North Cape from Southampton ( albeit on the Artemsis-P & O ) this June.
We chose starboard as we had longer cruising up visiting various ports. The ship sailed across the North Sea comming back and far from land.
The weather was very good although quite cold around the North Cape. This was very resplendant.
As Keith said it doesn't really matter but id does depend I think on the itenerary and route. For eg from Fort Lauderdale to Santiago last Janaury on the Pride we were port side-excellent views of the land.

Have a good cruise.

Kind regards

Tony
Norwegian Dream, Dawn Princess,
Horizen / Zenith , Arcadia,
Marco Polo, Golden Princess, Coral Princess.
Minerva 11,
Regal Princess, Norwegian Jewel,
MV Discovery, Artemis,
Seabourn Pride , Spirit, Odyssey, Sojourn, Legend.
Quest, Regent Mariner.
Silverseas Wind, Silver shadow, MV Nordstjernen.Aegean Odyssey

Cruised Antarctica, Alaska, North & South America, Falklands & South Georgia, Atlantic, Panama Canal ,Australia /New Zealand /Middle & Far East /China, British Isles,South Pacific , Caribbean, Mediterranean,Amazon,Norwegian Fjords. Spitsbergen.

Old August 27th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith1010 View Post
While I have not done the North Cape Cruise, I did do a cruise on the Pride that included the Norwegian Fjords.

Others might have other thoughts, but I don't think it matters which side of the ship you are on. The reason I say this is because you will likely want to enjoy the scenery from other areas of the ship such as the open deck. And, the scenery will be all around you. What's nice about the size of the ship, is in a matter of a minute or less you can easily be out on deck.

What I would suggest though is selecting a room that is mid-ship if available given that the seas can be a little rough in this area of the world.

Keith
What Keith said! We were on that cruise with him and his lovely wife in 2006. Believe us, you don't want to be in your cabin while in the fjords, rain or shine.

We were in Nærøyfjord, approaching Gudvangen, on the starboard side by the bridge, just out of the light rain and mist. A gentleman approached us wearing a blue windbreaker and khakis, and begin to talk to us about the trolls who live in the mountains. He then invited us into the bridge - we very quickly learned it was the captain!

BTW - hi Keith!

Last edited by Missabby; August 27th, 2008 at 09:15 PM.

Old December 3rd, 2008, 05:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default port

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowe View Post
We have booked the July 4th sailing of the Seabourne Pride that goes through the fjords on up past the arctic Circle. Is there a better side ie. port or starboard with regards to view. Thanks in advance for any helpful information!!

Hello my husband and me did the north cape cruise this year and we were verry happy to have a suite on port side because of the views , the hole night it was daylight.
We had great weather. and a great cruise
Greetigs from Holland Melanie

Old December 4th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie99 View Post
Hello my husband and me did the north cape cruise this year and we were verry happy to have a suite on port side because of the views , the hole night it was daylight.
We had great weather. and a great cruise
Greetigs from Holland Melanie
Goedenmiddag Melanie!
As you can see above I'm from Holland too (Hoorn).
Welcome to the Seabourn Board!
I notice it is your first post here.
We have cruised the Norwegian Fjords a couple of times already and hope to do it again in May 2009.
Have a nice "Sinterklaas" tomorrow!
Marja
Sept. 28 2012
Seabourn Quest - "13-day New World Quest"
Nov. 24 2012

Old December 4th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

We're on the Pride for 10 days from the 13 June doing the Norwegian Fjords.

First time with Seabourne so are really looking forward to the experience.

I understand it is hard to beat!
Sea Cloud 2 17 Sep 12 Malta to Venice
for photos of previous cruises see:
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/mikerack