Help please Romr,Lucca,St Raphael

We are on a b2b cruise in June and mainly do DIY days out. But I am considering Rome & Colosseum. Has anyone done this tour? Do you get a good tour of colosseum or just a quick look. Lucca - is this a morning or afternoon tour? St Rapheal ? Think of St Tropez & Port Grimaud ? Any thoughts on this. I realise I can do most of these Diy but my husband is sight impaired and I think I would like someone else to take the responsibility for these ports. Planning to buy tickets on line for sag familia in Barcelona and use metro - just a case of timings Thanks.

Hi Ashby. We have done Rome and the Colloseum a few years ago. Can't remember how long we were inside but it was certainly long enough for a good look and a few photos. Also the guide already has your tickets so no queuing! I think it's about the only excursion where you go inside the colloseum (unless that has changed).

Sorry can't help with your other two ports but someone will.

Edited by Sheila49

Hi Ashby - how are you? Seems a very long time ago we were going to Lubeck on the train! :)

Just a thought about the half day Lucca excursion - if you go into 'Manage my booking' and try a mock booking will it tell you whether it's a morning or afternoon visit? There may even be an option of either. I'm sure when I was browsing excursions for our forthcoming land based holiday with Thomson it did give exact timings for the excursions once you'd logged into your personal account.

Edited by kruzseeka

Hi Kruzseeka we are fine. Like you often stay it's amazing how many places we have been and how many lovely people we have met since retiring and increased our cruising hols. I have now started researching POC. for our June cruise.Plenty of new ports for us and some we last visited 15 years ago on the Island Breeze!. We did the TA back to Palma last year but our sea days were wet and cold although loved Bemuda,Azores and Valencia so worth it. I will try the dummy booking idea. The time in port in Barcelona is quite short but DH would to go inside sagillia familia so I am trying to work out timings Due to DH poor eye sight walking etc takes longer but looking at using metro. Pleased to read the latest reviews re the Dream - let's hope the improvement continues. Also looking forward to some "new" ships joining the fleet....?2016/17 winter