Must sees in Kauai

kubies

Our cousin who lives in Kauai will be meeting us at Nawilliwilli and has asked what we want to see in Kauai. We are mid 60s and not terribly athletic. We enjoy beautiful scenery and meeting locals. Suggestions?

Waimea Canyon is spectacular and would be at the top of my list ... beautiful drive and scenic overlooks into the canyon (it's nicknamed "the Grand Canyon of the Pacific")

Or, a trip to the north shore with a stop at Kilauea Lighthouse, the town of Hanalei and then to the end of the road (Kee Beach) where you can catch a glimpse of the Napali Coast.

p.s. Bruce - the OP asked for suggestions ... not that difficult to offer up one or two is it?

Edited by Susan-M

Waimea Canyon is spectacular and would be at the top of my list ... beautiful drive and scenic overlooks into the canyon (it's nicknamed "the Grand Canyon of the Pacific")

I agree. We saw it in '05 when we were there and still can't get over the beauty.

Kauai is a beautiful island so I imagine anywhere you go would be wonderful.

We did a 1 hour plane tour with Wings over Kauai. It was absolutely amazing! Kauai is so beautiful and to see it from the air was incredible. The highlight of our trip.

How did you plan the rest of your day in port? We are doing the same air plane trip at 9:30. We had thought we would rent a car but wasn't sure how to plan the rest of our day there. Thanks!