Sea Princess and Crystal Symphony in Napier 16 Nov 2014

Thanks for the post. The shuttle will be busy with two ships there..:D

They we're actually dedicated shuttle services per ship as we were both berthed at seperate docks. You were allowed to walk any distance from the ship although some classic cars and the tour buses were allowed

I went to pick up visitors from the security gate and the lady on the gate initially insisted I had to have a drivers licence or passport - I had my cruise card and eventually the manager of security came and approved my re-entry and took me back to Symphony in his van. No big issue but it was a bit unnerving

They we're actually dedicated shuttle services per ship as we were both berthed at seperate docks. You were allowed to walk any distance from the ship although some classic cars and the tour buses were allowed

I went to pick up visitors from the security gate and the lady on the gate initially insisted I had to have a drivers licence or passport - I had my cruise card and eventually the manager of security came and approved my re-entry and took me back to Symphony in his van. No big issue but it was a bit unnerving

Lucky you could get back on board, good to know they had shuttles provided.:D

If some one is meeting you in Napier, and you can't walk to the dock gate, what is the best arrangement to make to meet them?

You can get the shuttle to drop you off at the Port security gate and your visitor could meet you there. There is public parking on the road which is above that gate

The other option is for them to meet you at the shuttle drop off point in Napier.

I'd suggest ensuring that you have a mobile that you can contact them from or vice versa

We are lucky that Crystal allows visitors on board so we wanted our visitors from to be able to come to the ship

You can get the shuttle to drop you off at the Port security gate and your visitor could meet you there. There is public parking on the road which is above that gate

The other option is for them to meet you at the shuttle drop off point in Napier.

I'd suggest ensuring that you have a mobile that you can contact them from or vice versa

We are lucky that Crystal allows visitors on board so we wanted our visitors from to be able to come to the ship

Many thanks Bodogbodog, I think we'll make it at the drop off point.