Calling at Porto Torres, Sardinia

helpthejuggler

We are calling here next month and are interested in suggestions for what to see and do.

If you have been to the northern part of Sardinia, what did you do or what have you planned for an upcoming cruise?

I am not finding much info on this port either. Any suggestions from those who have been are appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...
Haven't gone yet and still don't have much of a plan. Still hoping to hear from others who visit before us too. ;)

hey,

we will be on the same cruise. Are you interested in joining us to go to "Spiaggia della Pelosa" beach?

We could rent a car together! Just let me know,

Christian

Thank you Euro cruiser! This link saved us! We were able to book an excursion through one of the links on the last two pages. I highly recommend this resource for anyone looking for activities in Porto Torres. The Celebrity Concierge was not very helpful. It's a new port for them and they have very limited options and little information on the port itself.

We are going there too on Equinox in a week or so. I'm thinking the beach at Della Pelosa but am having trouble figuring out transport. I know there is a bus from Porto Torres to Stintino and I found a schedule on trip advisor but I can't tell how close to the beach it drops you or if we would need to switch to another option in Stintino to get to the beach.

hey,

we will be on the same cruise. Are you interested in joining us to go to "Spiaggia della Pelosa" beach?

We could rent a car together! Just let me know,

Christian

If that is the same as La Pelosa beach then we are interested in sharing transport, it looks like paradise:)

Rebecca & Ryan

We are going there too on Equinox in a week or so. I'm thinking the beach at Della Pelosa but am having trouble figuring out transport. I know there is a bus from Porto Torres to Stintino and I found a schedule on trip advisor but I can't tell how close to the beach it drops you or if we would need to switch to another option in Stintino to get to the beach.

Would you also be interested in sharing transport? I think we are all trying to get to the same place La Pelosa beach

All this talk about la pelosa beach in stintino is getting my wife and I very excited for the cruise.

Will anyone be on the cruise and want to split a ride there?

Any advice on how to get there from porto torres? Bus, taxi?

Thanks!

Rob

Hi Rob

yes we would be happy to share the ride with you. Is it just the 2 of you?

I've had a quote from City Taxi's

-EUR 260,00 for a Car 4-seater

-EUR 316,00 for a Minivan 7-seater

Not heard back from CE as yet - they are getting back to me today

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca-

Would love to share, but I think we are on the late July cruise (a different one). It looks like your cruise starts this month. Please let me know what you end up doing so I can try the same thing.

Will anyone be on the July 26th 2014 Celebrity Equinox cruise that arrives in Sardinia on July 30th?

Thanks!

Rob

p.s. Am I able to private message on here so as to not waste space on the thread?

Edited by redskincow
more info

Hi Rob I'm on the same cruise & would like to visit La Pelosa beach. I have found some bus time tables which show journey of about 41 mins @ 1 or 2 euros. I'm struggling with the timetable as it's a bit unclear see attached - http://www.arstspa.info/727.pdf Taxi prices quoted seem to be a rip off . See if you can make any sense of timetable?

Sandra

Sandra here again.There seems to be a bus leaving Torres around 9am but it looks like the only ones coming back may be 11am & 4pm which would be cutting it too fine. I have requested a quote from a taxi company for return journey. There is also a thread on this topic on equinox roll call for 26th July. I will keep you posted

Hi Rob

yes we would be happy to share the ride with you. Is it just the 2 of you?

I've had a quote from City Taxi's

-EUR 260,00 for a Car 4-seater

-EUR 316,00 for a Minivan 7-seater

Not heard back from CE as yet - they are getting back to me today

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca-

Please let me know what you find out when/if you get to La Pelosa beach.

Trying to figure out public transportation but not the easiest and may not be the best option with the short day in Sardinia.

Thanks!

Rob

Sandra here again.There seems to be a bus leaving Torres around 9am but it looks like the only ones coming back may be 11am & 4pm which would be cutting it too fine. I have requested a quote from a taxi company for return journey. There is also a thread on this topic on equinox roll call for 26th July. I will keep you posted

Thanks Sandra.

Hoping someone who just went on the June version of the cruise will be able to help too.

The port ran a shuttle bus to Porto Torres which is 10 minutes from the port where we docked.

You can see the ship from the bus drop off point to have a feel for the distance.

Porto Torres had lots of teenagers in "Here to Help" shirts and the main street was closed for the day as many craft stalls had been set up along the road. There were people in traditional costumes and some music/dancing. There were maps available

We walked to visit the Romanesque Basillica of San Gianno. The crypt is worth a look. Entrance was €3.

We strolled around and stopped for local wine which was good. The food also looked good.

A nice way to spend of hours. Not a large town and the passengers were made very welcome.

Edited by helpthejuggler