Transportation from IAH to Galveston

beckmars

I have read through the threads, but am looking for a specific answer......Are there shuttle vans just waiting to fill up with passengers, then they take them to Galveston? (I know that was the case from LAX to the LA port.) But what about IAH? OR, will it just be better to pre-book private transportation? Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

Hi

I was told to call galveston limos. they use buses for $75 RT. i will use them to go to a hotel first and pick me up at the ship after cruise. I flet that was a fair price in todays market

Hi

I was told to call galveston limos. they use buses for $75 RT. i will use them to go to a hotel first and pick me up at the ship after cruise. I flet that was a fair price in todays market

That's $75 per person, so if you have 4 people, renting a car is less expensive. I saw week long full size car rentals for around $225 on hotwire. You can either pay to park near the cruise terminal or if you are arriving the day before the cruise, stay at a hotel that offers free parking while you are on the cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

i agree a car is better if you can get a good rate. but if you come in early most rental car rates are by the week and the extra days add up fast.

Some people also do want a car nor need one.

OH, I loved Jose Reyes. He was at bagage claim waiting for my

family and I when we arrived. Holding a sign with my name on it.

Very informative on the way to Galvestion. He dropped us off at

the Harbor House. He told me he would be waiting for us when we arrived

back at port the following week. We planning a round about time (I wasnt in a hurry to get

off ship). I told him I would be getting off ship around 10-10;30.

I called him at 10:20 and he was there in 5 min..

I was a little nervous at first but I would DIFFINATLY use Jose every

time..:p713-303-8299

Can I ask how much Jose Reyes charges? We are debating whether to rent a car or use a shuttle. I'm not finding a lot of hotels with free parking that are under $200 per night, but we're going during Spring Break. Thanks!

He qouted me $100 one way from Hobby if that helps any. Not sure how much it would be from IAH. That's one of the best rates you will find. I went through limos.com and I got qouest ranging from $95 to $200 one way. what a swing!

hello all :)

Hertz has a dealer in IAH and one at the cruise terminal. I've rented a car that I will drop off at the terminal on cruise day, rented another that I pick up at the terminal when we get back, no need to keep it all week while we're away. I paid $60/day ... much better than paying the transfer costs for me and my 2 kids.

Gisele

Archived