Inline Skating on Navigator of the Seas

coeliac

Hi, I've only cruised 5 times and this is the first time I've posted on C/C so excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong place or the answer to my question is obvious.

We're going on R/C's Navigator of the Seas in a few weeks and I've been seeing things about 'inline skating' on this ship. Theres a 4 year old video on YouTube showing skating on the sports deck, but I know Navigators undergone some changes recently. Does anyone know if the inline skating is still running please? I want to know so I can decide if to take my skates with me. Thanks.

True Bob, I was thinking inline skating might be 24/7 while ice skating is only a couple of 1/2 hour sessions in a week. I've ice skated on Independence . Just as I was getting used to it they told me to slow down. Plus, ice is cold, and very hard when you fall!

Its a pity they dont allow inline skating on the running track for half an hour in the morning or evening when its not busy.

Past Cruises:

Independence -Transatlantic to UK ( twice)

Millenium - Canada to Japan via Dutch Harbour and Japan

Quantum Inaugural -Transatlantic to New Jersey

True Bob, I was thinking inline skating might be 24/7 while ice skating is only a couple of 1/2 hour sessions in a week. I've ice skated on Independence . Just as I was getting used to it they told me to slow down. Plus, ice is cold, and very hard when you fall!

Its a pity they dont allow inline skating on the running track for half an hour in the morning or evening when its not busy.

Very true about the limuited opportunity to ice skate. I suspect that with the addition of the Flowrider, they just didn't have enough room for the inline skating track.

I am glad they removed it on the Navigator. One of the problems we encountered was the number of people (especially teens) who couldn't skate very well on a moving ship. Also passengers had to get from their cabin to the upper deck - corridors were a problem - even if it wasn't a lot of people; only takes one to cause a problem!