Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > North American Homeports > East Coast Departures

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

East Coast Departures
Baltimore, Boston, Cape Liberty, Charleston, Montreal, New York, Norfolk, & Philadelphia l

Old July 10th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Brooklyn Bridge Marriott

Anyone have any reviews or comments on this hotel? Staying one night pre-cruise in Oct. before our sailing on the Crown Princess. Are there any liquor stores or grocery stores close to pick-up some soda (dite-rite) and beers(corona)? Thanks in advance.

Old July 11th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

Gale - I just booked this hotel today for the 26th of October (you are on the same roll call, no?). I don't know anything about the hotel - and am curious as well. It was the only thing I could find that seemed reasonably near the pier.

June 2002 Pacific Princess - Bermuda
June 2003 Grand Princess - Western Caribbean
November 2003 Dawn Princess - Southern Caribbean
April 2004 Coral Princess - Panama Canal
December 2004 Dawn Princess - Southern Caribbean
September 2005 Carnival Triumph New England/Canada
December 2005 Coral Princess Panama Canal
October 27, 2006 Crown Princess - NY to San Juan Repositioning Cruise
December 22, 2006 Coral Princess - Eastern Caribbean
December 10, 2007 Coral Princess - Panama Canal
December 20, 2008 Emerald Princess - Sailing the Caribbean
November 30, 2009 Island Princess - Panama Canal
December 30, 2010 Crown Princess - New Years Eve in the Caribbean
November 19, 2011 Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas - Thanksgiving in the Caribbean
January 8, 2012 Island Princess - Panama Canal

Old July 11th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

When I called this hotel yesterday the woman said "They were the ONLY hotel near the Brooklyn Pier (I think she said 4 miles away) She directed me to www.continentalguestservices.com about ground transportation.

Old July 11th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Joyce, yes we are on the same sailing, we arrive at JFK from CA at 6:00am on the 26th. We were planning on staying in NJ at the Homewood Suites and renting a van, but then I saw rooms available at the Marriott and I call DH and friends we are traveling with and they all agree this is a better idea. What time do you arrive? We are going to see Lion King on Thur. night and a pre-dinner show.

Mike, I went to the website, but nothing to the BB Marriott, just midtown, but thanks anyway.

Old July 21st, 2006, 01:21 AM
Cool Cruiser

We stayed at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriot (one night) prior to our July 2nd Crown cruise (our first time in NY) The hotel was nice and clean. The staff were very helpful. The bedding is very comfortable, good water pressure....we didn't get in until after 11:00 p.m. so the pool and restaurants were already closed which we could have used but it was fine (they did have room service available but we didn't use it). In the morning we got up and walked to the Promenade via Montague Street. The hotel is directly across the street from the NY Supreme Court building. When you get to the end of the promenade you can see the Statue of Liberty and the Crown Princess. We walked around and explored a bit before heading back to the hotel. The doorman grabbed one of the cars that were there and for $15 the three of us were driven to the ship. Traffic was a mess so we were glad we hadn't taken a cab.

There are stores nearby - I thought there was a rite-aid, but I'm not exactly sure. The concierge will be able to tell you where there is a store nearby. There is a nice residential area along the Promenade walk so I am sure there are stores in there.

Also - we stayed four nights post cruise in Times Square at the Casablanca Hotel on 43rd between 6th and 7th - gorgeous, safe, clean, friendly..... I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. It truly is an oasis.

Old July 21st, 2006, 11:19 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by momthecruisedirector

There are stores nearby - I thought there was a rite-aid, but I'm not exactly sure.
I think it is a Duane Reade.

The Marriott is a very nice property and I'd stay there again! Nice rooms, service, amenities, etc.

Old July 21st, 2006, 11:40 AM
Cool Cruiser

Does anyone have the website for the Marriot?

Carnival Glory: 7/1/2006
Carnival Triumph: 9/4/2004
Norwegian Sky: 12/28/2003
Carnival Paradise: 8/3/2002

Old July 21st, 2006, 01:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/NYCBK

Old July 24th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

I read an article a couple of weeks ago that this hotel is kind of a big deal in Brooklyn. It is the first real "hotel" to be located in Brooklyn proper. Imagine, Brooklyn is something like the fifth largest city in the US in population and it never had it's own hotel till now, amazing.