Upgrade for bride and groom

Mrs. Ram

I've never heard of them upgrading wedding couples or Honeymoon couples (there are loads of the latter every.single.cruise.) unless they a) booked a GTY or b) were at Platinum status or higher. Complimentary upgrades are rare these days--we've only received one and only for our "loyalty".

When I originally booked our cruise, I went through our PVP with Carnival and when I told her it was our wedding cruise, she upgraded us at the time of booking. It was just a couple category upgrade so we got a really nice position on the ship and then she also upgraded our guests that we paid for (our daughters and their husbands were our wedding party) at that time.

• 2 months later...
When I originally booked our cruise, I went through our PVP with Carnival and when I told her it was our wedding cruise, she upgraded us at the time of booking. It was just a couple category upgrade so we got a really nice position on the ship and then she also upgraded our guests that we paid for (our daughters and their husbands were our wedding party) at that time.

Even category upgrades for the whole wedding and guests is pretty nice. I was thinking about booking a regular room and once all of my wedding costs are taken care of calling and paying for an upgrade.

...yes I realize they aren't giving me anything special this way, but it is our wedding/honeymoon and it would be nice to have a suite. Plus you wouldn't have to pay for it until later. Just an idea :D

Miss Kellybean what ship are you sailing on? We booked the Grand Oceanview Suite on the Freedom. It's part of the new configuration of the ship so there aren't any photos or reviews out there but it's a larger space and I figured it would be nice to get ready in. I doubt I'll be waiting for another upgrade offer (unless I happen to win the lotto or something!)