The Millenium, Vancouver to Seward

GeorgiaPeach51

I see several folks were on the June 12 sailing, but there haven't been any reviews yet. We're going in a few weeks, and I'm really interested in hearing how everything went now, as opposed to 2 years ago.

We're doing a 3 day pre-tour from Fairbanks, then Seward to Vancouver. Any new info we could get on any of this would be great!

I apologize for the delay...I know people are anxious for an update if they are traveling soon. I promise to update this week.

I will say that we once again really enjoyed the Millie. This time we did Concierge to see what we thought....will give our input on that, too, which is that the extra space is nice (only on M class, not on S class)...the rest of it was meh. The one exception was that we both thought the bed was wayyyyy better.

Alaska is incomparable. She showed us her very best weather and having our adult kids, their spouses and our granddaughter together was a blessing beyond words. I would find myself looking around the table teary-eyed, to think that we would have the great good fortune to be where we were and together.

Will be back with a full review as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have questions I will try to answer. :)

I know what you mean about traveling with family. It's such a special thing to do. Since life is so fleeting, at this age we learn to appreciate the little things and realize that everything could change in a single minute.

You write wonderful reviews. I really look forward to reading it. We're in an inside cabin, so we won't get to enjoy the indulgences of Concierge, but like you, we were underwhelmed when we paid extra for it last time we sailed. We don't plan on spending much time in our cabins, as there are 6 of us and we'll probably hang out on deck or at least looking at the scenery a lot. Hoping to see whales from the ship!

OK, I responded! The first, roughly third of my review on this Alaska trip is up! Ask and it will be delivered! :)

I'll keep working away at it in installments. Will try another piece tomorrow night. Will gladly try to answer questions.

• 1 month later...
Is it better to sail Vancouver to Seward or vice versa. What's cheaper

Based on your name, I'll assume you're flying in from New Orleans. ;)

From where you're at, flying into Vancouver and flying out of Seward is slightly cheaper than the other way around. (The "nearest" big airport to Seward is 125 miles away in Anchorage though.)

As for the cruise itself, it depends on when you sail. Seriously. In 2016 the late June price for an inside cabin is the same ($799 each for June 17th Southern cruise & June 24th Northern), early June they're priced differently (June 3rd Southern is $699 and June 10th Northern is $749).

As for better, either direction will give you glorious views.

Hope that helps a bit! :)

• 3 months later...

I just started reading this post and was wondering about the luggage. You mentioned that if you stayed at the pan pacific, you could tip the bellman and he'd get your luggage to the ship. How much? I don't want to insult the man or give way too much.

Also, could you put a link to your most up to date review, please? We are trying to decide if we want to sail on the infinity or the solstice or the millennium to Alaska. We were told that if we want to see a lot of whales, we should go on the infinity (icy straight point). Any suggestions?