Can anyone provide a list of cruise tour excursions from Royal Caribbean

CCJack

Royal Caribbean doesn't seem to provide a list of optional shore excursions for our land portion of tour 5A. it would be nice to do some planning ahead of time and decide what extras we may want to do (if anything). Can anyone comment or post the list that they provide during the trip? if not 5A exactly, at least those RCCL excursions for Denali, Talkeetna, Alyeska.

It sounds like we are going to want a Denali tour longer than the natural history tour, based on comments on these boards. it would be nice to know ahead of time what our choices are. Or perhaps make Denali bus reservations on our own ahead of time, if that is possible...

thanks.

It sounds like we are going to want a Denali tour longer than the natural history tour, based on comments on these boards.

I don't know about RCCL's excursions, but I was on the Tundra Wilderness Tour just under two weeks ago and the driver pointed out where the Natural Histor Tour turns around. I'd highly recommend the TWT over the NHT if you can, even if it means abandoning the prepaid NHT and buying your own TWT.

Here is the Denali National Park info: https://www.nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/bus-tours.htm

My HAL tour included the TWT. I enjoyed the TWT and am glad we took that rather than the shuttle the first time, but if I return I will do the shuttle out.

Royal Caribbean doesn't seem to provide a list of optional shore excursions for our land portion of tour 5A. it would be nice to do some planning ahead of time and decide what extras we may want to do (if anything). Can anyone comment or post the list that they provide during the trip? if not 5A exactly, at least those RCCL excursions for Denali, Talkeetna, Alyeska.

It sounds like we are going to want a Denali tour longer than the natural history tour, based on comments on these boards. it would be nice to know ahead of time what our choices are. Or perhaps make Denali bus reservations on our own ahead of time, if that is possible...

thanks.

Post your itinerary, essential, state how many nights you purchased, the order of your itinerary, how many nights at each location, and mode of transfer between each location. Some tours do not allow enough time for the TWT.

It's also a negative with RCI since they usually put people at Denali Village and it isn't as convenient for taking shuttle buses. Do you have your lodging information? They are the winners with the Talkeetna Alaska Lodge- wonderful location, and Girdwood at Alyeska is also excellent. Are you also overnight in Seward? a gem not to miss for excellent activities.

Thanks, I did post already on RCI board as well.

Here is itinerary: It appears we are at Denali all day on one day and could do a TWT bus tour.

22-Jul Seward, Alaska /

Alyeska, Alaska Alaska Sealife Center. Coach Transfer, Seward To Alyeska. The Hotel Alyeska.

23-Jul Alyeska, Alaska /

Anchorage, Alaska /

Denali, Alaska Coach Transfer, Alyeska To Anchorage. Coach Transfer, Anchorage To Denali. Denali Park Village.

24-Jul Denali, Alaska Denali Natural History Tour. Denali Park Village.

25-Jul Denali, Alaska /

Talkeetna, Alaska Coach Transfer, Denali To Talkeetna. Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge.

26-Jul Talkeetna, Alaska /

Anchorage, Alaska Rail Pm - Talkeetna To Anchorage. Anchorage Marriott.

27-Jul Anchorage, Alaska Transfer To Anchorage Airport.

Thanks, I did post already on RCI board as well.

Here is itinerary: It appears we are at Denali all day on one day and could do a TWT bus tour.

22-Jul Seward, Alaska /

Alyeska, Alaska Alaska Sealife Center. Coach Transfer, Seward To Alyeska. The Hotel Alyeska.

23-Jul Alyeska, Alaska /

Anchorage, Alaska /

Denali, Alaska Coach Transfer, Alyeska To Anchorage. Coach Transfer, Anchorage To Denali. Denali Park Village.

24-Jul Denali, Alaska Denali Natural History Tour. Denali Park Village.

25-Jul Denali, Alaska /

Talkeetna, Alaska Coach Transfer, Denali To Talkeetna. Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge.

26-Jul Talkeetna, Alaska /

Anchorage, Alaska Rail Pm - Talkeetna To Anchorage. Anchorage Marriott.

27-Jul Anchorage, Alaska Transfer To Anchorage Airport.

Yes, you have time for the TWT. You need to determine- what you want out of your visit? But, I just can not imagine anyone, investing all that time, in transit- for hours, being right outside, and not getting INTO the park? But plenty of people do just that.

The upgrade will cost you $70-+ OR you could see if you can trade it in- get your ticket from your guide, and get yourself to the Wilderness Access Center- for an Eielson shuttle bus. with no additional cost. I did get verification this can be done, but call, Aramark (park concessionaire) and get the direct answer yourself.

This does involve in YOU splitting off from the "group". Getting yourself to the Wilderness Access Center- twice. (change ticket, board bus). As I mentioned- RCI, has a bad lodging location, and no place I would ever be without a car. You will have to arrange your Denali entry around the lodge's shuttle bus schedules, verifying the hours. There were some recent posts about evening shuttles available? You'd need to determine- from where?

Ideally, you will want to take a 8:30/9a Eielson shuttle bus. Again, verify the shuttle schedule of the lodge.

It's significant to get to Eielson, in my opinion. You do need to bring in all your own food and drink. Your lodge should have box lunches for purchase, there also is a limited selection at the WAC.

Edited by Budget Queen

We are sailing northbound on July 1st, with a different post cruise itinerary than the poster's.

I called RCI some time ago, and they will not provide any ground extension details other than the included excursions. They said no information would be available on tour options until meeting the tour director post cruise.

I believe that they offer an upgrade for the TWT (for my itinerary, it is already included).

Thanks, I assume that if i want to upgrade to TWT, then I can do that when we arrive and that I don't need to make a reservation ahead of time with denali.

RCI has to upgrade you, unless you are going to pay the whole ticket. I'd suggest, making this known your first day. There aren't empty buses hanging around and no way to predict how many people are going to want to get to Stony Hill. Cost is in the $70++ pp range. I already posted alternatives. :)

We did a land tour with Royal last year. All you have to do is let your guide know when you meet with them that you want the longer tour. There is an additional charge and they will take care of it all for you. You don't have to worry about how to get to the park, either way they pick you up at Denali Park Village.

As far as where Royal has you stay, we loved Denali Park Village. Sure it is about 10 mile away from the park, but we really enjoyed the surroundings.

Have a great trip!

We are sailing northbound on July 1st, with a different post cruise itinerary than the poster's.

I called RCI some time ago, and they will not provide any ground extension details other than the included excursions. They said no information would be available on tour options until meeting the tour director post cruise.

I believe that they offer an upgrade for the TWT (for my itinerary, it is already included).

Had a talk with RCI cruisetour dept. today - had to gve them my return flight info. I again expressed my unhappiness about the lack of tour info, and to my surprise the rep told me there was in fact a brochure online. It is well buried, but here is the direct link to it. It covers all of their tours, so it's not customized by which ground tour you are on. That means it may show your included tours as options, which they are not.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/statichtmlpage.do?pagename=brochure_alaska_land_excursions