Visa's Needed for New Caledonia????

It's my first time cruising and I have had mixed reports about needing a visa for New Caledonia, which is 3 of the 7 stops on our trip with the Radiance in December. I am an Australian resident, but travelling on a South African passport. Some say that you definitely need one…which is a huge hassle through the French Embassy, others say that the ship has a "Port Transit Visa" for all passengers for the day we're off the ship. Has anyone travelled recently on these cruises to the South Pacific. BTW…Royal Caribbean have been super unhelpful!

any aussie or kiwis dont need a visa to cruise the south pacific but not sure about your South African passport.....can you get onto australian immigration and ask them and try and get something in writing

any aussie or kiwis dont need a visa to cruise the south pacific but not sure about your South African passport.....can you get onto australian immigration and ask them and try and get something in writing

I dont think Australian immigration will be able to answer a question about the visa requirments for New Caledonia on a SA passport. There is no Australian involvement in that at all.

I would contact the French embassy

It's my first time cruising and I have had mixed reports about needing a visa for New Caledonia, which is 3 of the 7 stops on our trip with the Radiance in December. I am an Australian resident, but travelling on a South African passport. Some say that you definitely need one…which is a huge hassle through the French Embassy, others say that the ship has a "Port Transit Visa" for all passengers for the day we're off the ship. Has anyone travelled recently on these cruises to the South Pacific. BTW…Royal Caribbean have been super unhelpful!

Where are you going in NC? If Neumea then the post office in the cruise port will stamp your passport for free:D

Isle of Pines the person who runs the flea market will stamp it for a charge:D

http://www.worldtravelguide.net/new-caledonia/passport-visa

From a SA forum may be of interest?

Hi Charmaine

"Aneldari; and Penny's daughter (on this forum), and myself have been on cruises which stop at New Caledonia and no matter what anyone tells you, you DO NOT need a visa on a South African passport if you are entering on a cruise and staying for just a few hours.

I was also stressed out when I found out I needed a visa. Read responses to my entry here:"

Edited by fishtaco