7 day ---no checked baggage?

pkflamingo

I can't believe it but I got all 4 of us into a small roller bag and backpack each. It helps that we don't do the formal night thing. T minus 4 days and counting to Southern Caribbean on Jewel!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the same cruise - I don't think I could get all our clothes in 1 roll on bag and what sounds like 4 backpacks. You are taking the redeye on Friday evening - right. See you onboard, we will be checking our clothes today and starting the packing, we leave early, early Thursday morning. :)

I can't believe it but I got all 4 of us into a small roller bag and backpack each. It helps that we don't do the formal night thing. T minus 4 days and counting to Southern Caribbean on Jewel!!

Wow! That's really traveling light lol. Enjoy your cruise! Maybe you can do a review of some sorts when you get back?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are on the same cruise - I don't think I could get all our clothes in 1 roll on bag and what sounds like 4 backpacks.

I think she meant each of 4 has a roller bag and a backpack - so 4 roller bags and 4 backpacks. If I'm wrong - then wow! :)

Would greatly appreciate you letting us in on how you managed this :confused:

No airline checked baggage costs and no risk of baggage going amiss :eek:

I have done the same as the OP a couple of times. You can't pack many shoes...one pair for evening, one or two pair sandals, wear sneakers on the plane. You have to be willing to wear outfits at least twice, and pack mix and match items. Also, I do wash out some undies and a couple of lightweight t-shirts and hang to dry overnight. I don't do this every day and it is not a big deal. Oh, and use a napkin so you don't spill on yourself!!!:D

You really don't need everything you think you need and never bring anything for "just in case". Your roller and backpack will be full, but it is so much easier (and Cheaper) !!!:D

I have us wearing our bulkier items. Light jackets / cardigan for me on the plane or stuffed in backpack. 1 pair of pants, 4 pairs of shorts each. Silky tops and tanks take up very little room. Just need a couple pairs if socks since flip flops will be worn most of the time. Swimsuits squish into nothing. Toiletries and electronics all go into backpacks. I'll be picking up sunscreen at cvs in San Juan. We purchases beverage packages so no wine space needed. We just can't buy much while there. Lol

Congratulations! I hope you have an awesome cruise!:D

Wow! Your cruise is right around the corner. Hope you have an awesome one and that your light packing works for you. Please come back and let us know what you think you took that you didn't need and what you wished you had taken but didn't.:D

• 2 weeks later...