Groupon Specials

debshomespun

We will be visiting Australia and New Zealand in Jan/Feb 2015. We are taking the Celebrity Solstice from Sydney to Auckland, staying 9 nights between Auckland and back to Sydney, then boarding the RC Rhapsody. We will have a total of 12 days between Sydney and Auckland. We use Groupon deals at home in the US all the time. I have signed up for them in both Sydney and Auckland. What has your experiences been with the Groupon deals in these areas? I do know once I purchase a Groupon deal, they do have expiration dates (usually 3 months from date of purchase).

I was thinking I might pick up a few for some of the restaurant and dinner deals. Also, I would like to do a cruise on the Tall Ships while in Sydney. I have seen they also have some deals through Groupon.

Can you tell me your stories from Groupon deals you have had, and were you happy with them?

We are so looking forward to coming to Australia and New Zealand and getting to experience your cultures!

• 3 weeks later...
We will be visiting Australia and New Zealand in Jan/Feb 2015. We are taking the Celebrity Solstice from Sydney to Auckland, staying 9 nights between Auckland and back to Sydney, then boarding the RC Rhapsody. We will have a total of 12 days between Sydney and Auckland. We use Groupon deals at home in the US all the time. I have signed up for them in both Sydney and Auckland. What has your experiences been with the Groupon deals in these areas? I do know once I purchase a Groupon deal, they do have expiration dates (usually 3 months from date of purchase).

I was thinking I might pick up a few for some of the restaurant and dinner deals. Also, I would like to do a cruise on the Tall Ships while in Sydney. I have seen they also have some deals through Groupon.

Can you tell me your stories from Groupon deals you have had, and were you happy with them?

We are so looking forward to coming to Australia and New Zealand and getting to experience your cultures!

Groupon work really well here. Also try living social. They both do amny great tours and meal in Sydney.

Raina

Grabone is a popular website in NZ.

Sorry I'm a bit confused by your post. Are you staying 9 nights in Auckland? I would argue that you should only spend one or two nights in Auckland and the rest seeing other parts of the country.

Are you hiring a car?

Grabone is a popular website in NZ.

Sorry I'm a bit confused by your post. Are you staying 9 nights in Auckland? I would argue that you should only spend one or two nights in Auckland and the rest seeing other parts of the country.

Are you hiring a car?

We have 9 nights once we arrive in Auckland (feb 8, 2015 from Celebrity Solstice) before we need to be back in Sydney (Feb 17) to board RC Rhspsody. We are looking at spending a couple nights on Roturoa and Auckland before we fly back to Sydney. There is lots of planning to do. And we will have just gotten off Solstice that made several stops at NZ ports. Thank you both for the great tips. We use Groupon here in the States a lot.

9 nights is a great amount of time to add on to a trip to NZ. Plus Feb is a great time to travel as the weather is warm and (hopefully) settled and school holidays crowds have just finished.

If I can be so bold, a cruise is a relaxing way to explore NZ, but it is by no means the best way of seeing the best the country has to offer. To get a real taste of the NZ you see in tourism ads and brochures, you need to hire a car and get away from the cities (unless of course you are a city person and not interested in nature, lakes, mountains etc).

9 days is a great amount of time to add onto a cruise. So many cruise travellers have no extra time here and leave not realising all they have missed out on. In 9 days you could comfortably do what I would argue is one on the most beautiful drives in the world. A loop that begins and ends in Christchurch and takes in Lake Tekapo, Aoraki/Mt Cook, Queenstown, Arrowtown, Wanaka, Haast Pass, Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers (including my favourite bush walk in the country, Lake Matheson), and Arthur's Pass.

If you are set on the North Island. Perhaps dedicate a couple of nights to Auckland and Rotorua and also visit Taupo, the Coromandel, and possibly Waitomo.

I've pretty much explored every inch of my country from Cape Reinga to Stewart Island, so if you need any help creating a 9 day itinerary sing out. :)

Edited by oskarNZ