Little French Key and Kids

KarimaJ

Our daughter is now 8 years old and has been going there with us for about 3 years and loves the place. The rope swing and jumping off the decks is fun (they now have 2 different ones on opposite sides of the island). They also have kayaks to use. You can sign up for horseback riding (for an extra charge) or even snorkeling. Our daughter never gets tired, but then again she LOVES the ocean and water and could just stay swimming in it all day. :)

Thanks! We decided to go. My daughter also loves being in the water and it looks like there are lots of spots for her to do this. The only downside is that we don't get into port until 10:00am on NCL, wish we had more time at LFK.

Our daughter is now 8 years old and has been going there with us for about 3 years and loves the place. The rope swing and jumping off the decks is fun (they now have 2 different ones on opposite sides of the island). They also have kayaks to use. You can sign up for horseback riding (for an extra charge) or even snorkeling. Our daughter never gets tired, but then again she LOVES the ocean and water and could just stay swimming in it all day. :)

Mitsugirly, I have booked LFK, so excited. had a couple questions I hope you can answer for me. With the $90 package, can kids get a kid plate or pizza of some sort instead of the included big plate of food? Also can you get virgin frozen drinks using the drink tickets? Thanks!

Is LFK (~$88) worth the $58 dollar pp premium over Bananarama (~$30) at West Bay?

For the former you get 2 free drinks (1 at Bananarama) and lunch included and I presume the location is nicer, but is this sufficient justification for the higher price?

Anything else we should be considering, e.g. comparisons on bar prices for additional drinks?

Thanks

Mitsugirly, I have booked LFK, so excited. had a couple questions I hope you can answer for me. With the $90 package, can kids get a kid plate or pizza of some sort instead of the included big plate of food? Also can you get virgin frozen drinks using the drink tickets? Thanks!

Is LFK (~$88) worth the $58 dollar pp premium over Bananarama (~$30) at West Bay?

For the former you get 2 free drinks (1 at Bananarama) and lunch included and I presume the location is nicer, but is this sufficient justification for the higher price?

Anything else we should be considering, e.g. comparisons on bar prices for additional drinks?

Thanks

There have been a few "developments" that I think you both should know about. I'm not trying to sway anyone to go or not to go. That's your own decision in the end on what you feel comfortable with. Please read what I posted HERE on one of my reviews. There's plenty of info on the web that you can research for more info if needed.

There have been a few "developments" that I think you both should know about. I'm not trying to sway anyone to go or not to go. That's your own decision in the end on what you feel comfortable with. Please read what I posted HERE on one of my reviews. There's plenty of info on the web that you can research for more info if needed.

Yes I did see this, a bit unsettling. I wouldn't want that to happen while we are there. But I think we are going to go anyway. Thanks!

Yes I did see this, a bit unsettling. I wouldn't want that to happen while we are there. But I think we are going to go anyway. Thanks!

I hope you have a wonderful time there. It truly is a slice of paradise. It just sucks everything that is happening to this wonderful family. They are so nice and welcoming. But, money can be evil.

• 3 weeks later...
I hope you have a wonderful time there. It truly is a slice of paradise. It just sucks everything that is happening to this wonderful family. They are so nice and welcoming. But, money can be evil.

Can't wait, we go on the 15th which happens to be our 13th wedding Anniversary. Quick question, how long is the walk from the NCL Pier to Meet the Driver? Trying to decide whether to bring the stroller for our 4 year old who is 4 ft tall and too heavy to carrier if she gets tired. Plus, my parents in their 70's are coming as well. Thank you!

Can't wait, we go on the 15th which happens to be our 13th wedding Anniversary. Quick question, how long is the walk from the NCL Pier to Meet the Driver? Trying to decide whether to bring the stroller for our 4 year old who is 4 ft tall and too heavy to carrier if she gets tired. Plus, my parents in their 70's are coming as well. Thank you!

I haven't gone yet but I understand it's much shorter from where NCL docks. Someone told us to do a YouTube search for Coxen Hole getting to Little French Key drivers.... or something like that. It was a good video of someone making the walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Super short walk. The port is kinda small (compared to going to Mahogany Bay where Carnival docks) and right outside the gate there will be someone to meet you.

Here's an overview map of the port and exit.

roatan%20port-L.jpg

And here's a picture from the ship looking at the port. Look past the parking lot of taxis and to the left of it and you'll see the little green wall. That's actually outside the port and the main road.

PB110486%20copy-L.jpg

Super short walk. The port is kinda small (compared to going to Mahogany Bay where Carnival docks) and right outside the gate there will be someone to meet you.

Here's an overview map of the port and exit.

roatan%20port-L.jpg

And here's a picture from the ship looking at the port. Look past the parking lot of taxis and to the left of it and you'll see the little green wall. That's actually outside the port and the main road.

PB110486%20copy-L.jpg

Awesome, thank you so much for your help! I appreciate it.

Not sure if you will see this. I love your reviews. My husband and I are going on a cruise western Caribbean, RoatAn, Belize city and Cozumel. Due to a lot of family crisis I have not planned anything. Dad and a stroke, and my mom was in a horrible car accident. We need simple, relaxing easy. My husband is fluent in Spanish. Any recommendations? Would little French key be easy?

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure if you will see this. I love your reviews. My husband and I are going on a cruise western Caribbean, RoatAn, Belize city and Cozumel. Due to a lot of family crisis I have not planned anything. Dad and a stroke, and my mom was in a horrible car accident. We need simple, relaxing easy. My husband is fluent in Spanish. Any recommendations? Would little French key be easy?

Thank you

Yes, Little French Key is very easy to do and very relaxing. Sorry, I was on a cruise at the time and didn't see this post until now.