Sun Divers Tours

CoffeeGoddess

I tried doing a search here but it didn't bring up anything. Has anyone done a snorkeling tour with Sun Divers in the West End? They provide transportation to/from their shop in the West End, take you out on the boat for an hour and then you can kick back at Sundowners bar on the beach before they take you back. It's only $40 a person for an unguided tour and they have been really responsive to my email. Right now they have me on a list because they need at least 2 people to do the boat tour and my friend is not a good swimmer and has never snorkeler so she can't go with me.

Trip Advisor has great reviews for their scuba tours but I was wondering if anyone here has used them for the snorkel. Thanks!

I tried doing a search here but it didn't bring up anything. Has anyone done a snorkeling tour with Sun Divers in the West End? They provide transportation to/from their shop in the West End, take you out on the boat for an hour and then you can kick back at Sundowners bar on the beach before they take you back. It's only $40 a person for an unguided tour and they have been really responsive to my email. Right now they have me on a list because they need at least 2 people to do the boat tour and my friend is not a good swimmer and has never snorkeler so she can't go with me.

Trip Advisor has great reviews for their scuba tours but I was wondering if anyone here has used them for the snorkel. Thanks!

I would imagine they are just fine BUT one does not need to pay to get out on a boat to snorkle the reef in Roatan. Both Half Moon Bay, where Sundowner's is located and West Bay offer very good snorkeling from shore. In West Bay the reef comes feet from the shore line.

Bananarama and Beacher's on West Bay both offer transport included day passes. This thread while older still applies to snorkeling in West Bay.

I understand the appeal of West End, snokeling Half Moon Bay is easy done without a boat.

Perhaps another person in your roll call would like to join you.

Enjoy your holiday, if you decide to go with Sun Divers, do let us know what you think.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Just so I don't leave this hanging in case anyone searches, I did not book with Sun Divers Tours since they did not have any other people request the boat.

I would probably try again with them since they were always responsive to my emails, it just didn't work out this time.