Wifi Packages

nikkiw60

We purchased the surfer package thinking we could stay in contact with each other and the friends we are travelling using Whatsapp. It doesn't work for that as you are only logged on for 30 minutes at a time! In case any one was hoping to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We purchased the surfer package thinking we could stay in contact with each other and the friends we are travelling using Whatsapp. It doesn't work for that as you are only logged on for 30 minutes at a time! In case any one was hoping to do that.

Whatsapp would not work on MSC anyway,,,they block the ports the app uses.

Actually it does work as we have used it to send photos to each other's phones but only when we have been together and logged on at the same time. And we have been able to use it to send messages home!

Actually it does work as we have used it to send photos to each other's phones but only when we have been together and logged on at the same time. And we have been able to use it to send messages home!

Interesting,,,we experimented with that app on our sailing last April and it wouldn't work. Found out from one of MSC's IT guys onboard that they had blocked those ports. Things must have changed ever since MSC Divina changed their service provider to Marlink.

Go onto the MSC website and have a look at the new packages they offer. The weekly ones are really good value. They started in April of this year I think.

Go onto the MSC website and have a look at the new packages they offer. The weekly ones are really good value. They started in April of this year I think.

The new wi-fi packages are a great value,,,,a much better value than Carnival's premium service!!!

13087795_1194278290605728_719468192747384442_n.jpg?oh=7d925a489149c347cb79f484991541f1&oe=57A867D7

Edited by Mikesa1721

So, you have unlimited access or you don't? :confused::confused: Or, do you mean Whatsapp only lets you on for 30 minutes at a time? I'm confused as I bought the surfer package for my cruise next week, hoping to access Facebook and Cruise Critic for a live review.

Ah, I see. Hmmm, that could preclude a live review, then. Unless you're saying they log you out after 30 minutes of inactivity? Or, you'd be in the middle of posting something and it would just cut you off? Thanks for the info, either way. :)