Help! Keeping the beachgoers happy

youknownothingjonsnow

I'm heading to Grand Cayman for the 1st time in January with a party of 10. Some people want a soft sandy beach, others want a beach with decent snorkeling.

From what I've learned on these boards, you can't find both at the same beach.

Is it realistic for us to try going to sea grapes for the sand, and having the snorkel crowd walk down to cemetery for the reef? They're both part of seven mile beach, but how far apart are they?

Any other suggestions??

7 Mile Beach isn't actually 7 miles long...more like 6 miles...give or take. Seagrape is about midway......

BTW, the sand in the Caribbean isn't "soft" sand....it's a crushed shell/coral mixture....nothing like sand here on the East Coast!

• 1 month later...

Thanks cb at sea.

Now my cruise is 2 weeks away!! I'm looking for a little more help~

Are there any good snorkel spots within walking distance of Seagrapes? I've read on these boards about Eden rock and Cemetery beach. Also interested in Governor's reef and Cheeseburger reef- where are they in relation to Seagrapes?

Any recent visitors that could review any of these spots for me? All info is much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
7 Mile Beach isn't actually 7 miles long...more like 6 miles...give or take. Seagrape is about midway......

BTW, the sand in the Caribbean isn't "soft" sand....it's a crushed shell/coral mixture....nothing like sand here on the East Coast!

Non of the beaches on grand Cayman have soft sand? All rocky?

Non of the beaches on grand Cayman have soft sand? All rocky?

It's not rocky at all.

It's just that the sand in some spots has a different consistency. It's still sand, and still soft enough to go barefoot. I do it all the time. It's just not necessarily the fine powder-like sand of some other areas.