Traditions of Old Naples - AzAmazing Evening

TravelBugM

Has anyone had any recent experience of this event? This is the AzAmazing Evening while in Sorrento.

I posted the same question some time back. Hope this helps you. My problem is I keep getting my cruises confused as far as shore excursions, as you'll note from my first post. We're doing Capri and Anacapri on the first leg of he B2B. :o :confused:

We ended up canceling the evening and will be staying in Sorrento that evening.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2057636

I was hoping more experiences would chime in. The concept sounds intriguing and the location looks wonderful. I got the impression it was more of a wandering event vs sitting.

Hope more are able to post their experience.

We went on this evening in April. The transport was well arranged - tender and buses to the nearby venue - a large hotel garden with lemon trees strung with fairy lights. Again a venue that is weather dependent - there was some cover should it rain but luckily it did not. There was plenty of local food and drinks available to which one served oneself. Large tables were provided and I must admit we did not go far from our seats so I can't remember all there was to see. There were horse drawn buggy rides, and traditional dancing but the highlight for us, silly as it may sound was a demonstration of making, throwing and juggling pizza dough to music which was very entertaining.

I hope you enjoy the evening.

We posted our thoughts on the other thread, but we also thought it would be a wandering event but having what amounted to fixed seating in our opinion detracted from the event. Not that it was bad it just didn't match the expectations we had from the description.

We did this one earlier in the year. Enjoyable but not fantastic. We wandered around to be honest rather than sitting at the tables, which were quite full by the time we got there.

Plenty of food, most of which was good and plenty of drinks, alcoholic and non. The Limoncella was plentiful!

Entertainment was ok, although I found the pizza throwing etc a bit boring, but most seemed to enjoy it. The other attractions around were good, particularly the caricature drawings.

We did this one earlier in the year. Enjoyable but not fantastic. We wandered around to be honest rather than sitting at the tables, which were quite full by the time we got there.

Plenty of food, most of which was good and plenty of drinks, alcoholic and non. The Limoncella was plentiful!

Entertainment was ok, although I found the pizza throwing etc a bit boring, but most seemed to enjoy it. The other attractions around were good, particularly the caricature drawings.

We have this in September. From your description it seems like a good event. It didn't appear that the lack of seating was a big negative.

Thnaks for the comments.