NCL Dawn Deluxe Owners Suite without balcony 12002 and 12500

rjack79

Just booked the Deluxe Owners suite 12002 on the NCL Dawn for August 8 2013 and our friends are booked in 12500. I see lots of very old posts about these rooms but wondering if anyone has traveled in either room reciently or the past year at least and knows what to expect and the perks we get with the rooms.

Just booked the Deluxe Owners suite 12002 on the NCL Dawn for August 8 2013 and our friends are booked in 12500. I see lots of very old posts about these rooms but wondering if anyone has traveled in either room reciently or the past year at least and knows what to expect and the perks we get with the rooms.

I don't understand.

You booked a Deluxe Owners Suite (which I imagine must cost 2 arms and 2 legs) and you don't know what perks you get with it?

This does not make sense to me. Of course I try to find out what I'm buying before I buy it (either by asking the seller (cruiseline), or by asking the sales assistant (travel agent)), instead of asking nonrelated 3rd parties after the fact.

But that might just be me.

I'm confused about what the previous poster is so confused about.

I'm interested to see what replies you receive also, as I am booked in an SA as well on an upcoming cruise.

The cruiseline and travel agents give pretty general information. Maybe the OP is looking for a little more detail. OP seemed to be looking for recent, real life experiences/perks.

Below is a list of NCL suite perks courtesy of WaldosPeppers. Not sure if it 100% up to date but will give you a good idea of what to expect.

Here are a few tips to help you sort out the perks associated with the different types/levels of suites on Norwegian Cruise Line.

• Perks come with all full suite accommodations. Mini-suites do not fall into that category. Any stateroom category that starts with an "S" is considered a full suite.

• Some ships are equipped with a Haven, and some are not. Ships that are equipped with a Haven will have two levels of suite: Haven suites and non-Haven suites. Haven Suites are designated by the letter "S" followed by a number. Non-Haven Suites are designated by the letter "S" followed by a letter.

• Haven suites have access to the Haven regardless of where they are situated on the ship. The Haven has its own pool, hot tub, sauna, and sundeck. Some have their own restaurant and bar within the Haven complex. Some Haven's also have a retractable roof over the central area. Haven configuration varies based on ship class/generation

• All suites have access to a private restaurant for breakfast and lunch.

• All suites have Butler and Concierge service.

• All suites receive invitations to a special cocktail reception with the Captain and other Officers.

• All suites receive priority embarkation and disembarkation, as well as priority tendering.

• All suites receive one bottle of Sparkling Wine, one large bottle of water, a bowl of fresh fruit (replenished upon consumption) and a fresh flower arrangement in their suite, along with treats delivered daily by the Butler. (Note: Garden Villas, Deluxe Owner's Suites and Owner's Suites receive Champagne instead of Sparkling Wine)

• Garden Villa's receive 6 bottles of alcohol with unlimited mixers, soda and water, while Deluxe Owner's Suites and Owner's Suites each receive 3 bottles of alcohol with unlimited mixers, soda and water.

• All suites are provided with a variety of Elemis brand toiletries.

• All suites are equipped with a Coffee/Cappuccino/Espresso Machine (Most are Lavazza pod-style machines), however the Sun has Lavazza machines in the Owner’s Suites, but drip-style coffee brewers in all other suites (these suites cannot accommodate these devices).

• All suites have access to the Pre-Cruise Concierge service, which helps to coordinate your individual selections on pillow types, coffee and tea preferences, and a variety of special requests.

• All suites (except the SG and SJ suites on Deck 12 of the Star and some suites on the Sun) have a portable phone, which can be used throughout the ship.

• All suites are equipped with the "Bliss Bed" which truly lives up to its name.

• All suites have an expanded Room Service menu. Essentially, order whatever you want, and if it is available on the ship you will have it.

Thank you very much for that information. I had done all of my research and was actually in a suite on NCL but it was 5 years ago. Many of the perks have changed since then and it is nice to get first hand info from others.