Question about VIP vs. FTTF

u2harmony

My husband and I just booked our 2nd Carnival Cruise. We are not real experienced cruisers.

We have booked an ocean suite which gives us VIP boarding, however, I have been reading about FTTF and I am confused about whether I should book that as well for us?

We are older, and have no intentions of leaving the ship - we actually look forward to enjoying the cruise itself and have little interest in the ports.

Do we need FTTF as well as VIP boarding?

Thank you much in advance.

I know the suite perks allow you priority boarding, but can't remember if they also allow you

- immediate access to your cabin?

- the ability to get your checked luggage delivered sooner?

- a dedicated line at guest services?

- early of late debarkation)

Those are the other considerations besides early boarding and priority tendering.

The suite perks are only priority boarding and disembarkation. The platinum guests and those who purchase FTTF get those other perks mentioned above.

If you do not plan to leave the ship I wouldn't spend the extra!

My husband and I just booked our 2nd Carnival Cruise. We are not real experienced cruisers.

We have booked an ocean suite which gives us VIP boarding, however, I have been reading about FTTF and I am confused about whether I should book that as well for us?

We are older, and have no intentions of leaving the ship - we actually look forward to enjoying the cruise itself and have little interest in the ports.

Do we need FTTF as well as VIP boarding?

Thank you much in advance.

We are much like you -- we booked a Suite and plan on spending all but one port on the ship. We purchased FTTF for the simple purpose of being able to go to our room immediately upon boarding. We are planning to spend a good deal of time on our Aft Wrap balcony and didn't want to wait to get to the room to start enjoying it! We don't envision using the other FTTF perks -- no tender ports on our itinerary, and I don't foresee using the special guest services line as the kiosks work just fine for us -- but having the option is nice. If any of the FTTF perks are worth $50 to you, I'd go for it.

Just back from the Dream. We always book OS. We did book FTTF for this cruise for the purpose of getting to our room right away. However we ended up using the priority line at guest several times because due to some kind of system wide error while at sea, people's S&S cards contined to fail. The cards would be rejected and the individual needed to go to guests services and have their CCs re run. Happened to our boys 2x and my card once. First time I went to GS the regular line had at least 30 people in it. The last time, which was day 2, the line was snaked into the lobby. CCL was very apologetic. What a mess. I was so glad to have FTTF!!

If getting into the cabin before 1:30 is important-- then youpay the 50 bucks.

If you dont arrive to the pier until 1pm-- your cabin will be ready when you get onboard and you saved 50 bucks.

If you arrive at the pier about 10:30 you will be onboard by noon and have to carry all your stuff around with you until 1:30

depends on what you want

I get FTTF for being able to unpack before muster being the biggest part of the offering for me, along with early boarding. This cruise will be our first with FTTF with tender ports, so I'm sure it'll come in handle for us. Since you'll be using most of the services related to the ship, the most beneficial to you may be the earl luggage delivery. If unpacking sooner, rather than later is not a big deal to you, I'd forgo it.

I get FTTF for being able to unpack before muster being the biggest part of the offering for me, along with early boarding. This cruise will be our first with FTTF with tender ports, so I'm sure it'll come in handle for us. Since you'll be using most of the services related to the ship, the most beneficial to you may be the earl luggage delivery. If unpacking sooner, rather than later is not a big deal to you, I'd forgo it.

just remember when you arrive to make sure the porter marks your bags WITH THE FTTF and it goes in the proper cart.

Handing the luggage over to any porter-- just because you have the sticker does not mean it will get to you earlier. it must go in the right bin