New Oasis GS

Cindy, I don't think you understood my post. I'm referring to these six cabins being converted to A4 Aqua Suites, which is reflected in the deck plans effective in May 2016.

The work that you referred to was done during dry dock, which is when they became Grand Suites.

I don't believe they're doing any work at all...I think the 2 bedroom description is just another website error![emoji15] The suites have had Aqua Theater Suite number tags from the day they opened.

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Cindy

I don't believe they're doing any work at all...I think the 2 bedroom description is just another website error![emoji15] The suites have had Aqua Theater Suite number tags from the day they opened.

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, a website error is certainly much more likely than them being able to complete that amount of work in a short time.

I see from the future deck plans (effective May of 2016) for the Oasis that these six new suites will indeed be reclassified and no longer be considered Grand Suites. The plans show all six of them as A4 Aqua Theater Suites beginning with the May 7, 2016 voyage, and even describes them as having two bedrooms like the original Aqua suites. I think the A4-A5-A6 idea mentioned earlier makes more sense, as the cabins and balconies get much smaller with each deck up. The new Harmony of the Seas classifies them as A4 on her bookings and deck plans as well.

Back to the Oasis, I'm curious to see when they intend to make the needed structural changes to these six cabins, as these have been available for April 2016 bookings for quite some time, as well as the recently released May 2016 bookings.

So I guess I have this cabin for the last time as a Grand Suite..we sail April 30/16 in 11330. Basically it will be the same cabin just re categorized and will cost much more

Edited by emmy

So I guess I have this cabin for the last time as a Grand Suite..we sail April 30/16 in 11330. Basically it will be the same cabin just re categorized and will cost much more

Emmy, I would think so, but you never know with Royal. I have that cabin two weeks before you, and when I saw that the cabin category was supposed to change in May 2016, I called Royal to see if they knew if/when these modifications would be made. My main concern was that they may start these renovations (if they really are to happen) during March or April, which would require a change of cabin.

The first person I spoke with wasn't much help, so I called back on the C&A line. She was much more helpful and saw what I was talking about regarding the category change on the deck plans. She put me on hold for about five minutes, then came back and confirmed that yes, she was told that those six cabins that are now GS's would be remodeled into Aqua Suites, including having the extra bedroom and bathroom added, but told me this would not occur before my cruise. Hopefully she's correct.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

Emmy, I would think so, but you never know with Royal. I have that cabin two weeks before you, and when I saw that the cabin category was supposed to change in May 2016, I called Royal to see if they knew if/when these modifications would be made. My main concern was that they may start these renovations (if they really are to happen) during March or April, which would require a change of cabin.

The first person I spoke with wasn't much help, so I called back on the C&A line. She was much more helpful and saw what I was talking about regarding the category change on the deck plans. She put me on hold for about five minutes, then came back and confirmed that yes, she was told that those six cabins that are now GS's would be remodeled into Aqua Suites, including having the extra bedroom and bathroom added, but told me this would not occur before my cruise. Hopefully she's correct.

I did see the inside of 11330 on my Feb cruise. I was in 11329 and the couple in the Grand Suite gave me a tour. I really do not see how they can make a second bedroom..just not enough space unless they use one of the cabins next to it.

On the new Harmony deck plans 11330 is showing as an A4 and the adjoining cabins 11329 and (Boardwalk) and 11328 (oceanview) are still there on the deck plans

[quote name='emmy']I did see the inside of 11330 on my Feb cruise. I was in 11329 and the couple in the Grand Suite gave me a tour. I really do not see how they can make a second bedroom..just not enough space unless they use one of the cabins next to it.[/quote]

Right, not much space, especially in those two deck 14 cabins.

Here's a video of 11330 in case you haven't seen this yet...

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFqPtM-iln0[/URL]