New Oasis GS

This should be a video, hoping it works as I've had a few issues with it:

Edited to add that I can't get the video to load properly. Will have a look at why it won't load and hopefully can get it posted.

Edited by Lotus Girl

Thank you so much Lotus Girl for uploading these long awaited pictures. The first video is coming up as private but we can see the second one.

This is very helpful. Thank you again!

Whoops, hadn't noticed that it was private. I've been in and hopefully changed the setting. Can you re-try and see if it is public now?

thanks

Karen

Now that I have seen the new aft GS, I think they need to make a new class labelled JR GS. To pay full price or more (?) for that suite seems unreal. Yes there should be all the full suite perks, but the price of the cabin IMO should be less than the normal GS.

The balcony appears tiny compared to a normal ATS, and the cabin doesn't seem to be anything close to a normal GS. On my last cabin crawl I was in both a normal GS and ATS and this new aft GS is nice, it just doesn't have the same "feel". The pictures are really good, the cabin seems built nicely, but it doesn't have the same design aesthetics. Just hanging the TV in the bedroom would help to give the room a more finished look, instead of just dropped there as an after thought. I guess when it is built 5 years later there will differences.

The RS looks really nice. I was on Oasis while they were close to finishing 1701. The balcony looks to tight/narrow to fit the loungers compared to all the other balconies on deck 17. The TV on the one wall looks out of scale as the wall is so large. It almost needs to framed out, to give it a definitive look. I am surprised that there is no carpet in the cabin from the pictures. Unless the walls have some sound absorbing properties with the high vaulted sealng there is a good chance of sound reflection and echoing. It too havng been built 5 years later, you can see the differences in design.

Having stayed in the old RS on Allure and now seeing the new pictures from Oasis I would say the RS has changed into the next generation. Dare I say, "Quantumized". That all being said if I had a chance to experience these new cabins I would love to give them a try. :p

Lynn thanks for the photos and Lotus Girl thanks for posting them.

Andrew

Edit: the washrooms in both cabins look amazing.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Thanks for posting the pictures and videos. :)

Is it me, or do these new rooms appear to be a little cold/sterile looking? Do you think area rugs just haven't been installed yet?

I agree. The furniture in the new loft suite looks cold also. Probably saving money on everything. Just heard the suites lounge is cutting back on free drinks hours. Won't begin now until 5:30. You never know from one day to the next what cost cutting move they will make next.

Thank you!! The set up actually works for us as a family of 3 with a 12 year old since there is a separate bedroom. Butter for us than one large room. I would really enjoy lying in bed looking out at that view with those gorgeous windows! Is there a second balcony off the bedroom?