New Oasis GS

I am hearing that the sofa bed in 12330 has to be moved in front of the balcony door to be opened. Is it the same in 11330? Thanks for helping us all make a better decision on whether the room is right for us with such helpful information. Sorry that you had to suffer through the "not really ready" blues.

I am hearing that the sofa bed in 12330 has to be moved in front of the balcony door to be opened. Is it the same in 11330? Thanks for helping us all make a better decision on whether the room is right for us with such helpful information. Sorry that you had to suffer through the "not really ready" blues.

The sofa bed in 11330 can be fully opened without moving the couch

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I understand that. However we just sailed in 11330 and from what I was told by senior officers on the ship is that the crew does and has always identified these rooms as Aqua suites. Corporate on the other hand decided to list the as a grand suite. There was a plaque on the door of 11330 that said "330 Aqua Suite". I even pulled up my booking (which was for a GS) to share with the officers on the ship and they were confused as well why corp was selling these as a GS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app[/quote/

So if they are saying a "Aqua Suite", did you still have the "gold" seapass card?

Karen

Edited by krhnbt

I understand that. However we just sailed in 11330 and from what I was told by senior officers on the ship is that the crew does and has always identified these rooms as Aqua suites. Corporate on the other hand decided to list the as a grand suite. There was a plaque on the door of 11330 that said "330 Aqua Suite". I even pulled up my booking (which was for a GS) to share with the officers on the ship and they were confused as well why corp was selling these as a GS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app[/quote/

So if they are saying a "Aqua Suite", did you still have the "gold" seapass card?

Karen

Yes and everything that comes with it. We liked the suite lounge and coastal kitchen.

From what I understand, AS are more than a GS.

So, if these aft suites are being considered as Aqua Suites then they would be more expensive.

I am pleased with what I paid for my aft GS 11730.

You can't compare a traditional AQ and new rooms by price. AQ is 2 bedrooms and a huge balcony on more desirable floors.

From what I understand, AS are more than a GS.

So, if these aft suites are being considered as Aqua Suites then they would be more expensive.

I am pleased with what I paid for my aft GS 11730.

The original Aquatheater suites are more expensive because they sleep up to 6 or 8 in multiple bedrooms and are a lot larger than these GS.

It looks as if even the Deck 11 Grand/Aqua suite doesn't have much shade on th balcony, which would be a deal-breaker for DH. Did they take the last cabins (boardwalk & balcony) to make these suites and then take some of the balcony space as well? The balcony looks nothing like the deck plans - no room for a table & chairs as other full suites have.

If the price of a CLS comes down, we'll move to one - we are doing a B2B with the first leg in the CLS but originally booked a GS on Deck 11 on the second leg (1) to save money and (2) to be near the current CL, which will likely be just a fond memory by the time we sail in 2016. We'll wait to see more pictures before we decide to keep this cabin or move back to a traditional GS. Maybe even a JS, if there's a hump one available.

The original Aquatheater suites are more expensive because they sleep up to 6 or 8 in multiple bedrooms and are a lot larger than these GS.

It looks as if even the Deck 11 Grand/Aqua suite doesn't have much shade on th balcony, which would be a deal-breaker for DH. Did they take the last cabins (boardwalk & balcony) to make these suites and then take some of the balcony space as well? The balcony looks nothing like the deck plans - no room for a table & chairs as other full suites have.

If the price of a CLS comes down, we'll move to one - we are doing a B2B with the first leg in the CLS but originally booked a GS on Deck 11 on the second leg (1) to save money and (2) to be near the current CL, which will likely be just a fond memory by the time we sail in 2016. We'll wait to see more pictures before we decide to keep this cabin or move back to a traditional GS. Maybe even a JS, if there's a hump one available.

You don't have access to the CL anymore on deck 11. Just the suite lounge on deck 17 unless you are diamond and above. We were just on oasis last week in 11330. There is shade on either side of the balcony.

So, I'm on Serenade in port with Oasis. I can get a pretty good look at the starboard side balconies and will try to post a picture. It looks as if Deck 11 has some decent shade, Deck 12 has none and Deck 14 has plenty because of the roof. But the Deck 14 balcony looks very small compared to the others. I can only see the side, so can't tell what, if any, furniture is on the largest part of each balcony.

*sigh* I'll try when I get home and am using a computer instead of the iPad.

Edited by critterchick

Did you tip in CK or is that covered with the gratuities we pay overall?

On the last night we ate there we were handed a zero'd out receipt which was for gratuity. We left 75$ for the week as we ate there 4/7 nights. So no it is not included and neither is the tip for the concierge who we also tipped 100$ for the week

Edited by CaribSailor

On the last night we ate there we were handed a zero'd out receipt which was for gratuity. We left 75$ for the week as we ate there 4/7 nights. So no it is not included and neither is the tip for the concierge who we also tipped 100$ for the week

Well, that was ballsy of them. Coastal Kitchen is included in the price of the suite, and while many of us tip extra for good service, I think it's inappropriate for them to ask for it. The Concierge may put out envelopes, but to be handed a receipt just for a tip is over the top IMO.

I just went back and looked at the deck plans - the language about the new GS only having a single bathroom is gone. I wonder if they're about to reclassify the cabins as Aqua Suites, after all. Such intrigue:rolleyes::p

And I misspoke - having seen the actual balconies and comparing them to the deck plans, it looks as if the renderings are accurate, as far as I can tell from across the dock.

Well, that was ballsy of them. Coastal Kitchen is included in the price of the suite, and while many of us tip extra for good service, I think it's inappropriate for them to ask for it. The Concierge may put out envelopes, but to be handed a receipt just for a tip is over the top IMO.

The "ballsiest" encounter I ever had was with a cabin steward on the Mariner a couple years ago. He took a blank tip envelope, wrote his name on it, and then handed it to me.:eek: That just really rubbed me the wrong way, so much so that I reduced the amount I had in my head for an extra tip!

So, I'm on Serenade in port with Oasis. I can get a pretty good look at the starboard side balconies and will try to post a picture. It looks as if Deck 11 has some decent shade, Deck 12 has none and Deck 14 has plenty because of the roof. But the Deck 14 balcony looks very small compared to the others. I can only see the side, so can't tell what, if any, furniture is on the largest part of each balcony.

*sigh* I'll try when I get home and am using a computer instead of the iPad.

Here's that shot from your flickr account.

Edit - I couldn't link to it either so I did a screen shot to show in the next post.

Edited by robtulipe

attachment.php?attachmentid=333492&d=1418163907

Those numbers are off by a deck. 14 is at the very top, where it appears there are three floor-to-ceiling window. 12 is where you marked deck 14, 11 is where you marked 12, and etc. The bottom deck in the picture, which is partially cut off, is deck 7 where you access the rock climbing wall.

Here they are numbered in an old picture (pre-construction):

Allure-13-W-L.jpg

I just went back and looked at the deck plans - the language about the new GS only having a single bathroom is gone. I wonder if they're about to reclassify the cabins as Aqua Suites, after all. Such intrigue:rolleyes::p

If they do reclassify them, I wonder what they will do for people who booked them as Grand Suites? The others are sold out on our sailing, it would be nice if they offered a CL for the same price:p

Here's that shot from your flickr account.

Edit - I couldn't link to it either so I did a screen shot to show in the next post.

Thanks for that. One of these days I'm going to head over to the digital photography threads and practice.:)

Quantum has GS and Superior GS, the difference being the balcony (and presumably the price - I haven't done a booking to see). RCI can't sell the new cabins as Aquatheatre suites (I think that's what Decks 8-10 are called, not Aquasuites). Better to create a new category than to remove the notation about a single sink in the bathroom - not everybody knows to come to CC and do a search for something that obscure.

Thanks for that. One of these days I'm going to head over to the digital photography threads and practice.:)

Quantum has GS and Superior GS, the difference being the balcony (and presumably the price - I haven't done a booking to see). RCI can't sell the new cabins as Aquatheatre suites (I think that's what Decks 8-10 are called, not Aquasuites). Better to create a new category than to remove the notation about a single sink in the bathroom - not everybody knows to come to CC and do a search for something that obscure.

They are Aqua Theatre Suites. All the senior staff on the ship told us that is what they have always been. We just sailed in one last week. When we boarded and saw what the actual room looked like we contacted guest services and shared my booking statement which clearly indicated we booked a GS. They were shocked to find out corp were calling these rooms GSs. All you have to do is look at the stateroom plaque by the front door.ImageUploadedByForums1418227285.518707.jpg.78ec97144a208c08bd64c322a8193add.jpg

Edited by CaribSailor