New Oasis GS

After a long family discussion and before DD went off to college, we as a family decided to keep the new GS 14730 on our August sailing.

It would be a new experience, and we would enjoy anything suite related as it is.

In the unlikely event of an upgrade or upsell, we would look at it and decide.

But for now, looking forward to our future cruise.

Now just gotta be patient and watch as time goes by.

Sea Ya

Too early to bail ckrobyn! I have 14730 booked for August 2015 but I want to see some real pictures before I think about changing rooms. I haven't seen pictures yet of the reasons I booked this room. View and balcony! What we have seen so far are the short term negatives. The room is not complete and that is a risk you take when you are the first person booked in anything. Oh, and I doubt the ceilings and doors are any lower in this room than any other on the ship! I'm confident there are plenty of positives about these rooms and I'm ready to see pictures of them. I still believe that we may have one of the best rooms on the ship so hang on! :)

I'm hanging on.....at least until I see pictures of the exact suite I booked :)

We have an email from RCCL stating there are two sinks in the new GS bathrooms.

I must tell you guys after seeing pictures we called RCCL to questions this, they can't help us. We are on the phone with our travel agent (at this point over 45 minutes) as they are trying to get answers for us about these rooms.

Typical. The reps at RCI are just going by what is in the printed literature. They haven't actually seen the cabins. It was in a press release from Royal that stated theses GS's do in fact only have 1 sink.

Whatever answer you get from them DO NOT take it to be the truth.

I'm still intrigued by the balcony, but if the CL does indeed vanish with the introduction of Dynamic Dining, then the suite lounge will be awfully inconvenient, although it will help us get our 10,000 steps per day!

Maybe you'll get 12,000.;):)

I am in 12330 and we have 1 sink. Yesterday we did get deck 17 loungers. Slept on 1 today! We got artwork today. They have been in and out all day with maintenance, etc. i am still trying to figure out how to post pix on here. But the ones on this thread are very accurate!

I am in 12330 and we have 1 sink. Yesterday we did get deck 17 loungers. Slept on 1 today! We got artwork today. They have been in and out all day with maintenance, etc. i am still trying to figure out how to post pix on here. But the ones on this thread are very accurate!

Could u answer a question? My partner and I are both 6'3" and other pics look like we'd not fit thru bathroom door without ducking and would have to crouch to use shower... Can u confirm if we'd have these issues since your in one of new GS?? If we'd not easily shower without crouching we'll def cancel and use $4k on other RCL cruises ...thx for feedback!

Could u answer a question? My partner and I are both 6'3" and other pics look like we'd not fit thru bathroom door without ducking and would have to crouch to use shower... Can u confirm if we'd have these issues since your in one of new GS?? If we'd not easily shower without crouching we'll def cancel and use $4k on other RCL cruises ...thx for feedback!

I think we all need to calm down a bit. The OP was clearly upset about the unfinished cabin and unfortunately hasn't come back with anything positive. The main reason we've booked his cabin (11330) is the balcony/balconies.

I like others were shocked by his report. But now that I've had time to calm down, I'll wait and see if in the coming weeks more positive reviews are posted. Let's face it, he neglected to post any balcony pix.

I did check on the the OP's previous posts and maybe others who are concerned should do the same and draw their own conclusions.

Again, let's wait a few weeks or a month and see what others report. Who knows, maybe the OP after a few days will come back with a few uplifting comments or at least balcony pix.

Edited by Oville

After a long family discussion and before DD went off to college, we as a family decided to keep the new GS 14730 on our August sailing.

It would be a new experience, and we would enjoy anything suite related as it is.

In the unlikely event of an upgrade or upsell, we would look at it and decide.

But for now, looking forward to our future cruise.

Now just gotta be patient and watch as time goes by.

Sea Ya

I think we all need to calm down a bit. The OP was clearly upset about the unfinished cabin and unfortunately hasn't come back with anything positive. The main reason we've booked his cabin (11330) is the balcony/balconies.

I like others were shocked by his report. But now that I've had time to calm down, I'll wait and see if in the coming weeks more positive reviews are posted. Let's face it, he neglected to post any balcony pix.

I did check on the the OP's previous posts and maybe others who are concerned should do the same and draw their own conclusions.

Again, let's wait a few weeks or a month and see what others report. Who knows, maybe the OP after a few days will come back with a few uplifting comments or at least balcony pix.

Totally agree. I have 11330 booked for August and just feel RCI needs to be given a little more time to "finish" these suites. The sparse furnishings and "hand me down" balcony furniture simply appears to be a rush to put these into service. I am certain additional finishes are in FLL awaiting installation. Gerry

I agree. I also checked his/her previous posts and will wait for future pix and reviews. I have 11330 booked in February and will hope that it will be a bit more finished. At least the balcony won't disappoint :). Can someone clarify what deck 17 loungers are that were placed on the balcony? Have not been on Oasis so I have no clue if these are nicer. Thanks.

Thanks for the info, I'll stay with a Jr. Suite.

I had 12330 and 12730 booked in several future cruises which I have just cancelled and booked a standard GS. My concern after going through 12330 is the sofa bed for our 3rd person. When I pointed out to the steward that there was no room to unfold the sofa bed, she replied that they would have to replace it with a smaller bed. Another concern was storage space for 3 persons. Perhaps, 11330 and 11730 have larger sitting rooms with more storage and will work out fine.

We asked the room steward about the sofa bed. She said that a smaller couch will be brought into the room. If the sofa bed is extended for sleeping looks like it would take up most of that small room. Now I am wondering what 14330 is like if 12330 is so small. I had booked 11330 and 12330 in several reservations and have just cancelled all of them.

We have 12330 booked for 4. Is that going to be possible? Can you report back whether the new smaller sofa will be a big enough for two?

We have 12330 booked for 4. Is that going to be possible? Can you report back whether the new smaller sofa will be a big enough for two?

The room steward did not explain what a smaller sofa might be. Hopefully, someone staying in that suite in the coming weeks can provide that information or post some photos.

My husband And I are currently in 14330. We are the first people to be in this room. The op is correct. The rooms are incredibly small for a grand suite. Our room is the smallest of the new GS suites. There hardly isn't room to even fit a chair on the long narrow balcony facing the Aqua theatre. We squeezed a couple in but it just barely fits and you can't go around them once they are there. The other balcony is off the master bedroom and isn't very big either. I don't think the room is big enough for more than 2 people. There is a couch in the living room but no space for another chair. As a GS, it just doesn't cut it but as a one bedroom room, it is very nice. My friend took a video of the room that I will have him post it and I have some picture to post when I get him to do it. The suite amenities are great. We just love the suite lounge and the coastal kitchen. Fantastic food. I will try to get stuff posted soon but it is hard when we are enjoying our vacation.

My husband And I are currently in 14330. We are the first people to be in this room. The op is correct. The rooms are incredibly small for a grand suite. Our room is the smallest of the new GS suites. There hardly isn't room to even fit a chair on the long narrow balcony facing the Aqua theatre. We squeezed a couple in but it just barely fits and you can't go around them once they are there. The other balcony is off the master bedroom and isn't very big either. I don't think the room is big enough for more than 2 people. There is a couch in the living room but no space for another chair. As a GS, it just doesn't cut it but as a one bedroom room, it is very nice. My friend took a video of the room that I will have him post it and I have some picture to post when I get him to do it. The suite amenities are great. We just love the suite lounge and the coastal kitchen. Fantastic food. I will try to get stuff posted soon but it is hard when we are enjoying our vacation.

Thank you for sharing this information. I had that cabin booked, and now I have changed it to a regular GS. I had high hopes, but we are 3 in the cabin and it just sounds too small.:rolleyes: