Santa Barbara Farmer's Market

We'll be on e California Coastal cruise in September....does anyone know anything about a Farmer's Market in Santa Barbara? If so, is it relatively close to the port? Or do you know of anything of interest in walking distance of the port?

Here's a link to the SB Farmer's Market web site. The days where the market is closest to the harbor are Tuesday and Saturday. Tuesday is probably the easiest to walk to. Click the "Weekly Schedule" tab for a map and additional details.

There is a thread in this forum titled "The Official Visiting Santa Barbara Thread" which has lots of suggestions for things to do. If it's not on the first page, you can search for it. I bump it back to the first page once in a while, but try not to do it too often otherwise it will end up with a bunch of uninformative "bump" posts in it :)

If you are there on a Sunday, then I highly recommend the Art Walk. It might be a bit on the busy side due to the ship being in port, but it is still worth it IMO. The walk along Cabrillo Blvd is very pleasant, even just for the walk itself.

You might enjoy the Santa Barbara Public Market. Local foods. We took the trolley to the top of State Street.

We got a blue tourist map from the locals. Inside was a coupon for a free market bag.

Edited by SadieN

thanks for the link and info...unfortunately we'll be there on Sunday, but will see if we can check out the other posing you mentioned...thanks again!

Hilo, are we on the same cruise? RCI ? We have been to SB several times, and have not booked any tours there this time.

We are not good walkers. I was going to TRY to walk to Stearns Wharf and check out things there, but it is a bit of a walk for us.

Patti

Hilo, are we on the same cruise? RCI ? We have been to SB several times, and have not booked any tours there this time.

We are not good walkers. I was going to TRY to walk to Stearns Wharf and check out things there, but it is a bit of a walk for us.

Patti

I think we are on the same cruise....at least your screen name loos familiar! :)