drake please help

nibbler 1

Hi,

Let me start by thanks from all of us ocd cruisers. hahaha. All the info you have posted has been very helpful.

I thought i would post this seperately thinking you might find this easier.(I posted on your other thread but noticed its been a while)

Hubby and I wil be there 12-15-2015 Tuesday. We are in port form 9-4. We are fellow history buffs ourselves. And was wondering what you would suggest to go see. We are not really interested in seeing the rum factory, we have been to several over the years and not interested in seeing another.

We would like to see somethings first then go spend a couple of hours on the beach before we have to get back on ship.

Since this is a 10 day, we will have already been in the sun several days and hubby will probably be fried. lol And he will already be shopped out too.

Also could you give us a suggestion on the best way to see some of the places, taxi or private tour companies, etc?

Any help or idaes would be appreciated. And if you have time meet us and we will buy you a beer, maybe 2 or 3.lol

Thanks

Hi,

Let me start by thanks from all of us ocd cruisers. hahaha. All the info you have posted has been very helpful.

I thought i would post this seperately thinking you might find this easier.(I posted on your other thread but noticed its been a while)

Hubby and I wil be there 12-15-2015 Tuesday. We are in port form 9-4. We are fellow history buffs ourselves. And was wondering what you would suggest to go see. We are not really interested in seeing the rum factory, we have been to several over the years and not interested in seeing another.

We would like to see somethings first then go spend a couple of hours on the beach before we have to get back on ship.

Since this is a 10 day, we will have already been in the sun several days and hubby will probably be fried. lol And he will already be shopped out too.

Also could you give us a suggestion on the best way to see some of the places, taxi or private tour companies, etc?

Any help or idaes would be appreciated. And if you have time meet us and we will buy you a beer, maybe 2 or 3.lol

Thanks

Sorry, we had company all last week so I haven't been on much.

I love the history here and hope you will too! First thing I would do is call Frandelle Gerard with CHANT and see if she can get you a historical walking tour of Frederiksted. Her number is (340) 277-4834 and they are the best people around for history buffs.

If she isn't available I suggest you tour Fort Frederik on your own and then check out Fort Christiansvaern in Christiansted. You'll need a taxi to get there and you can either grab one by the pier or call my buddy Prince with Heritage Tours at 340-642-3811 for a lift. He has a great wealth of knowledge about the island.

Then hit the beach at Freedom City and I'll take you up on those beers!

I just wanted to say thank you again. can't wait to see your island. I'm calling the people you suggested in the morning.

I'll post on here before we leave and set up a meeting spot for those beers!!!

And again thanks for all your patience, time and help to us ocd cruisers

• 2 weeks later...
I just wanted to say thank you again. can't wait to see your island. I'm calling the people you suggested in the morning.

I'll post on here before we leave and set up a meeting spot for those beers!!!

And again thanks for all your patience, time and help to us ocd cruisers

Just wanted to follow up, how goes the planning?

my daughter really wants to ride horses on this vacation ( and all vacations) i've read about paul and jill's online. any comments about them, or other suggestions.

Nothing wrong with those guys but I've never used them. I prefer Cruzan Cowgirls as they are actively rescuing horses here.

http://www.cruzancowgirls.com/ or call Jenn @ (907) 841-1990

For history, we loved the botanical gardens and Whim plantation, too, so if you do a taxi tour, you should ask to see those. I think there's a separate admission fee, though.

Both great choices! How are things on the busy island Ms411?

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to follow up, how goes the planning?

sorry took so long to reply back. Been trying to get holiday stuff done before we leave. But I booked a tour with prince. Thanks so much for you help. We are looking forward to being there. I will be in port til 4. We are doing the Christiansvaern tour and drinking pigs and a few other stops then back to Frank to see a little there before heading to the beach. Which beach is in that area? Just to have a few drinks and a snack. thanks

sorry took so long to reply back. Been trying to get holiday stuff done before we leave. But I booked a tour with prince. Thanks so much for you help. We are looking forward to being there. I will be in port til 4. We are doing the Christiansvaern tour and drinking pigs and a few other stops then back to Frank to see a little there before heading to the beach. Which beach is in that area? Just to have a few drinks and a snack. thanks

In Frederiksted you have a few beach options; Freedom City, Sandcastle, or Rainbow. What kind of vibe are you looking for, excitement or relaxation?

I'll probably be at Sandcastle if you want to meet up.

Drake - can share pros and cons of each of these beaches: Freedom City, Sandcastle, and Rainbow? Can we walk to any of them from the pier? I did read that Sandcastles as a Day Pass for $25 which includes 2 chairs, an umbrella and a run punch. Please give me your thoughts!

Drake - can share pros and cons of each of these beaches: Freedom City, Sandcastle, and Rainbow? Can we walk to any of them from the pier? I did read that Sandcastles as a Day Pass for $25 which includes 2 chairs, an umbrella and a run punch. Please give me your thoughts!

I've posted a West End Beach Guide in the past, I'm sure it's here somewhere but I'll repost it tomorrow.

Here's the updated beach guide. Hope it helps!

West End Beach Guide Updated.pdf

• 5 weeks later...

The town of Frederiksted is very small and the dock is right in the heart of Frederiksted. Shoos and restaurants, a fort, and a few excursions are a short walk from the dock. There are beaches not too far from the dock that you can taxi or walk to.

• 2 weeks later...
Drake, Thanks so much for all of the info. You have been very helpful. Question: On your beach guide, under Sandacastle for food you say "brunch". Does that mean no food available after noon, or so?

No they have a full menu all day, they are just famous for their sunday brunch so if you're coming on a Sunday I recommend it. Nothing wrong with the rest of their food.