Private Tours-Oahu Spot Tour in Oahu from cruise pier

Ronnieslady

Has anyone used Oahu Spot Tour in Honolulu.?? We are thinking of using them on an island tour( North shore). We will be there off the Golden Princess on May 1, of this year. Princess does have a North Shore tour, but way too many people. They hold 50-55 on their big bus.

Really looking for private tour that does not require a deposit ahead, they all seem to.::eek:

Does anyone think we could catch a North Shore tour @ the dock or pier, without booking ahead????

Thanks for anyones help,

Grace:)

Edited by Ronnieslady

I can't comment on Spot Tour but I can comment on the deposit issue and that is I wouldn't worry about deposit or paying in full as long as you do your homework on the tour provider. The Roberts, Viator and other companies can't afford to have their reputation tarnished.

And tourism is the number one industry for Hawaiian's.

The only place we haven't put a deposit or paid in full is the helicopter tours because of their cancellation policies and weather.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't comment on Spot Tour but I can comment on the deposit issue and that is I wouldn't worry about deposit or paying in full as long as you do your homework on the tour provider. The Roberts, Viator and other companies can't afford to have their reputation tarnished.

And tourism is the number one industry for Hawaiian's.

The only place we haven't put a deposit or paid in full is the helicopter tours because of their cancellation policies and weather.

I have heard of problems of getting deposits back,(they want to keep it for future tours).:(

That is why I just don't feel right about deposits ahead. What if one of us gets sick?? There is no getting back your deposit then. Or change our minds.:eek: If it is a cruise ship tour & you see the doctor, even last minute they will take off all fees.

That is why I research tours that don't require deposits. They are hard to find in Hawaii.

Also that is why I asked if anyone has used Spot Tours lately????

Thanks for anyone's info

Never heard of Spot Tours. Do they have a website you could give us?

I can tell you that we took the Princess North Shore tour twice. The first time it was on a small (maybe 20 passenger very nice shuttle type bus) and we really had a very nice day. Wonderful guide. The second time for the same tour, it had 50+ passengers. Same company but they had to rent a bus from Roberts to hold that many people. Again, the guide was excellent. We enjoyed the day, but so much more on the small bus.

We are also interested in finding another small tour to the North Shore on our April cruise that would include lunch at one of the shrimp trucks, so please post any new information you find - and Mahalo!

Edited by Bucky3

Never heard of Spot Tours. Do they have a website you could give us?

I can tell you that we took the Princess North Shore tour twice. The first time it was on a small (maybe 20 passenger very nice shuttle type bus) and we really had a very nice day. Wonderful guide. The second time for the same tour, it had 50+ passengers. Same company but they had to rent a bus from Roberts to hold that many people. Again, the guide was excellent. We enjoyed the day, but so much more on the small bus.

We are also interested in finding another small tour to the North Shore on our April cruise that would include lunch at one of the shrimp trucks, so please post any new information you find - and Mahalo!

The web site is Oahuspottours.com. I guess I did not put the Oahu in the actual name sorry.

We are on the Golden Princess & will dock on May 1, in Oahu. I told him we wanted the North Shore & whereever with no shopping or lunch but stopping @ the shrimp trucks is fine. If there is 4 of us the price is $113.00 each, for 6 hours, still trying to get 2 more from our roll call. or even @ the meet & greet. If just the 2 of us it is $180.00 each.:eek: No deposit.

Does the price seem OK to you, since you seem to have a lot of experience with small group tours in Oahu.

Thanks for the info :)

The web site is Oahuspottours.com. I guess I did not put the Oahu in the actual name sorry.

We are on the Golden Princess & will dock on May 1, in Oahu. I told him we wanted the North Shore & whereever with no shopping or lunch but stopping @ the shrimp trucks is fine. If there is 4 of us the price is $113.00 each, for 6 hours, still trying to get 2 more from our roll call. or even @ the meet & greet. If just the 2 of us it is $180.00 each.:eek: No deposit.

Does the price seem OK to you, since you seem to have a lot of experience with small group tours in Oahu.

Thanks for the info :)

I really don't have any experience with private tours on Oahu! The only two we took were Princess tours. I believe the North Shore price was $129 pp and included lunch at one of the shrimp trucks with a shave ice included as well. Lunches separately at the shrimp truck were $12.99 each as I recall not including the shave ice. Thanks for the website. I'll take a look at it.

• 2 weeks later...

We recently used this company. It is run by a local fellow who has a Mercedes Van. He designs tours to meet the needs of the guest. You email or call him and tell him how long you want to tour and what you want to do. He'll design a tour for you and tell you how much can be fit into your time schedule. He's reliable, professional and knowledgeable. Definately would recommend him. We spent 7 hours leaving from Waikiki up to the North shore and back. We saw LOTS and never felt rushed. He knows the island and lots of great places to see.

Spot Tours has a 5 outta 5 rating on tripadvisor, here is the link to reviews:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60982-d2423150-Reviews-Oahu_Spot_Tours_LLC-Honolulu_Oahu_Hawaii.html

As for deposits we had one experience with Roberts and the cc refund was on our online statement by the time we got home.

As long as you've done your homework and as I said before these companies can't afford to jeopardize their business and they all read CC and Tripadvisor.

• 1 year later...