Spice Beach Club Eden Beach

Tak8

Princess has a new tour to Spice Beach Club on Eden Beach. I was wondering if anyone has done this tour or gone there on your own. How was the beach? The pool area? Is it easy to get a taxi?

• 2 weeks later...
Princess has a new tour to Spice Beach Club on Eden Beach. I was wondering if anyone has done this tour or gone there on your own. How was the beach? The pool area? Is it easy to get a taxi?

I'm looking at the same tour, but since it's "New", I doubt anyone has done it yet. Probably only avbl on new sailings this fall. We're likely going to have to wait and see for ourselves!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Now that the fall sailings have started. If anyone has been on the Spice Beach club excursion by Princess, please let us know how it was. I've heard there is construction going on, and not sure how this affects the experience. Thanks for any replies.

Now that the fall sailings have started. If anyone has been on the Spice Beach club excursion by Princess, please let us know how it was. I've heard there is construction going on, and not sure how this affects the experience. Thanks for any replies.

Hi Rick - long time no talk.

I just googled spice beach club and their latest report (Oct 2011) shows a lot of construction completed. Looks nice.

http://www.spicebonaire.com/index.php/home.html

We were going to go there early Dec but have since booked a snorkeling tour with Compass Bonaire.. looks good, but who knows ??

Just found this post on another thread dated Oct 12/2011..

We just came back from a cruise that featured an excursion to Eden Beach Resort. If that is where you are going, it is a construction site and not worth your time. Fortunately, we and many others got our money back from Princess for the excursion.

We were in Bonaire last Christmas week and took a taxi over to Eden Beach (wasn't Spice Beach Club yet). My husband thinks it was around $12 one way for the taxi. I was going for the snorkeling, so was just happy that there was shade, a bar and a pool available. I don't remember if they had an entry fee.

From the pictures on the website, it looks like they put in new wood around the bar area and maybe added a new pool. The snorkeling wasn't that great, there was a huge current to the left of the small pier that almost swept us back to the ship! We went way to the right and there were some things, but no reef. The beach was all coral, so you should have water shoes to walk in and out of the water.

We are going to Klien Bonaire (natural sland) when we go back this Christmas - can't wait!

Edited by kdooley

Hi Rick - long time no talk.

I just googled spice beach club and their latest report (Oct 2011) shows a lot of construction completed. Looks nice.

http://www.spicebonaire.com/index.php/home.html

We were going to go there early Dec but have since booked a snorkeling tour with Compass Bonaire.. looks good, but who knows ??

Hi Doug, just trying to find beach day in Bonaire. I heard there was construction still going on. We decided to go with the Crown this year instead of the Emerald. When we booked the price was over 1200 less for only 3 less days. We hope you enjoy the Emerald this year. By the way, we're staying at the Rennanisance on the 25th. I saw on your roll call you were staying there. Will you be there on the 25th?

Can't imagine anyone here has not seen this post but JIC... Here's a post from Oct 13th/2011 ref a beach on Bonaire -

"We went to Plaza Resort last week and loved it. They have a little booth set-up outside of the cruise terminal gate. They quickly gave us a ride to the resort, showed us where to get the day pass, showed us where all of the facilities were, etc. We paid $10pp and had a wonderful day. They have a nice pool, nice bathrooms, a restaurant (we didn't eat there) a bar (we DID drink there!) and awesome snorkeling :) They have cabanas and beach chairs set-up on the beach and we had no issues with finding a nice spot in the shade. I think we were the only ship in port that day, so that may have had an impact. It might be busier there if more cruise ships are in town. The one thing we didn't see was towels, but we didn't ask either. I recommend taking towels with you.

At the end of the day, we walked back to the day pass desk for the shuttle ride back to the ship but there were a few people in line ahead of us, so we decided to walk. It's only about 4 blocks and a very easy walk. The shuttle driver felt really bad and kept insisting that we wait for her to come back, but we didn't (we're rebels like that). She ended up dropping off the second van-full about the same time we arrived.

Everyone we encountered was really nice and we felt like we could easily spend an entire week at this resort."

I'm in no way suggesting this resort (don't even know what beach it's on), just trying to relay info.

• 5 years later...