GLORY 3 sea days or 2 sea daya miss Grand Turk

granni10

We are senior citizens. Is Grand Turk worth going to if you don"t do sea sports? What activities does Glory have on sea days? What do think is better an extra port or a extra sea day? Does Glory have live music for their shows? Would you eat at Guys?

Thanks

Granni10

I am a senior citizen as well. I have been to Grand Turk a few times. An island tour, just to see what is there, with a visit to their small community might be interesting for you. On my tour, we visited a laboratory where efforts were being made to save the Queen Conch and that proved to be very interesting to me as a former Zoology major.

But, given that I am not a Margaritaville person, the island holds little interest for me. Upon subsequent visits, I will sometimes get off the ship to wander around the port/beach/shopping area. Other times, I will stay on the ship and have uncrowded use of her facilities.

I prefer sea days; the more the better.

I cannot speak as to the offerings of Carnival Glory inasmuch as I have not sailed on her as of yet.

I hope this post is useful for you.

We are senior citizens. Is Grand Turk worth going to if you don"t do sea sports? What activities does Glory have on sea days? What do think is better an extra port or a extra sea day? Does Glory have live music for their shows? Would you eat at Guys?

Thanks

Granni10

I am just a few years away from 60, but do have some mobility issues, yet Grand Turk has always appealed to me. I have not yet been there, but I am expressly looking to book a cruise that goes there some day. I love beaches, and palm trees, and even if I just plunk myself down on the beach, or hang out at Jack's shack or Margaritaville, the destination is still appealing to me at my age. Sorry I have not been on the Glory so cannot advise there, and also have not yet been on a ship with guy's burgers, but I am also not fond of burgers. But bottom line for me....I would not miss Grand Turk:)

Edited by SMSACE6

We have done Grand Turks twice. We are in our late 60's and we love just chilling at margaritaville. We grab a table at the pool, in the shade. Order up a drink and people watch. There is a dj and he plays some silly games. Close to nice restrooms, foods a bit of exspensive but what the heck we're on vacation. Plus it's nice to take a dip in their gigantic pool.

Definitely do Guy's burgers. However, I must warn that I found them to be very good and hade three or four more than I probably should have. However, I felt that I was doing it as a means of quality control -- to check the consistency and whether or not they were prepared well each time I had them. I am happy to report that they were!