3-day cruise out of Long Beach

JinxyB

I'm thinking about traveling to the LA area for about 12 days in July-I am interested in possibly taking one of the 3-day Ensenada cruises from Long Beach on Carnival with my 3 year-old. I recently went on a weekend cruise on the Sensation with girlfriends and it was very rowdy with a lot of partying, drinking, bachelor parties, etc. I personally did not have a problem with this, but I can't say I would want my child around that type of atmosphere. Are the 3-day cruises from Long Beach this same type of party/booze cruise? Thanks for any advice. I would rather do the 4-day cruise but don't know if that will fit into our schedule.

Probably....the shorter the cruise, the more partiers you'll have aboard. That doesn't mean you can't find places where the partiers aren't...you can. But, the popular areas of the ship (pool deck, especially) will have lots of folks trying to fit a weeks worth of fun into 3 days.

The longer the cruise, the less rambuncious it will be.

There are many areas on the Inspiration and Imagination that are not around the party crowd.

On 11aft is the water slide area. There is a water play area for children that are potty trained. Also the kids club is very good.

I wouldn't worry yourself. I've done two three night cruises (one this past December) and when you travel with a child- you do different things. For instance- we do lots of activities- games, etc. during the day. We are up fairly early and to bed fairly early. Our next door neighbors were partying but it never woke me. It did wake my son but my overall experience was really good. We had a connecting cabin so that does allow you to hear your neighbors.

I don't drink when I have my son, so I see the world through sober eyes and I don't recall it being an issue for either of us- in terms of rowdiness. It's not like you are going to be partying into the wee hours with a little one- so you'll miss out on the debauchery if it exists.

I did a Carnival 3 night cruise with him when he was three and it worked out great. I wouldn't hesitate to go. Just don't have a connecting cabin because you will hear your neighbors.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain