Royal Caribbean - What do kids get?

OrchidOne

Taking my kids on their first cruise with RC next week. What do they get (have to carry around?). Do they have a SeaPass type card - or is it only if they are in Kids Club? Do I need to get them a lanyard or will they be provided with one? Do they have an ID bracelet or anything? Not thinking they will get drink package since I've heard that milk, AM juice, lemonade, and water is complimentary... TIA!

If they are old enough to be out and about on their own, they will need their seapass...it's the key to their room! If they will not be on their own, YOU will keep their card. They don't need it INSIDE the club, since you will be dropping off and picking up....

You're right about the drinks...you really don't need a package if you're good with those options.

Kids under 12 will be given a wristband that indicates their muster station in case of an emergency. This is so that crew members in the youth programs can take the kids directly to the muster station if needed, thus saving precious time in a true emergency. The wristband only has the muster station info on it, not your child's name or cabin number (another safety feature).

Kids 12 and over can check themselves out of Adventure Ocean themselves, so they don't get the wristband.

Also, kids under 12 who sign up for the youth program will receive a lanyard which they can keep their seapass card in (if you want). The card works as their room key, and if you allow it, charges can be made to your onboard account. However, I think you can limit that. You can also get an extra "key" to your kids room if you aren't all sleeping in the same cabin. We had connecting rooms, and most of the time I was carrying the kids cards with me anyway, so we never bothered with getting the extra one.

Kids under 12 will be given a wristband that indicates their muster station in case of an emergency. This is so that crew members in the youth programs can take the kids directly to the muster station if needed, thus saving precious time in a true emergency. The wristband only has the muster station info on it, not your child's name or cabin number (another safety feature).

Kids 12 and over can check themselves out of Adventure Ocean themselves, so they don't get the wristband.

Just to clarify- in Adventure Ocean, kids can have sign in/ sign out permission granted by their parents at something like age 9, and they would still get the wristband indicating their assigned muster station. At least that was our experience with our DD.

It's when the kids turn 12 and transition out of Adventure Ocean and into the Teen Club that they no longer are required to have the wristbands.

On Oasis on the first day we visited the kids club to get the kids set up. They gave each child a lanyard with clip to hold the sea pass card and they punched a hole in it so it could be attached. My son is 4 so he didn't use this and neither did my 10 year old as I am not comfortable with her checking herself in and out.

Also before you board you go to a table with kids club employees and they will put an arm band on your child which signifies their muster station so if they're in the kids club away from you during an emergency the staff know where to take them. They're color coded and have printed info on them. Other than that no other ID. We held onto their sea pass cards.