Help! Transfer from San Pedro to San Diego Airport

FrenchPeach

We are arriving back on the Diamond Princess February 1st at 7 am and most likely will be leaving on noon flights out of San Diego that same day...I desperately need some advice on how to make it to the airport on time (this is our first trip to the West Coast...).

Thanks in advance!!

We are arriving back on the Diamond Princess February 1st at 7 am and most likely will be leaving on noon flights out of San Diego that same day...I desperately need some advice on how to make it to the airport on time (this is our first trip to the West Coast...).

Thanks in advance!!

Even though your ship arrives at 7:00, you may not be getting off until 9:00 or even 10:00 depending on customs, etc. There is no way you can get to San Diego from San Pedro by noon, it is a 2+/- hour drive depending on the traffic. Why aren't you flying out of an airport closer to San Pedro?

Thanks in advance!!

Even though your ship arrives at 7:00, you may not be getting off until 9:00 or even 10:00 depending on customs, etc. There is no way you can get to San Diego from San Pedro by noon, it is a 2+/- hour drive depending on the traffic. Why aren't you flying out of an airport closer to San Pedro?

I have to be in San Diego the week before on business so the company that I work for is booking my flight and so I'm not sure that I can fly out of LAX since there may be a difference in price but I will find out. LAX would definately be the way to go though!!

Has anyone ever dealt with this type of situation before?

If you have to fly out of San Diego, then I've got to say you shouldn't book any flight before probably around 3pm at the earliest. You should be able to make a noon flight from LAX but definitely not from San Diego.

Definitely not do-able by driving, esp. on a weekday when traffic could easily make this drive 3+ hours. You could not even make it with an expensive one-way flight from LAX or Long Beach to San Diego either.

Either get your flight changed to the next day, or bite the bullet and pay the difference to fly out of Long Beach, LAX or John Wayne, with no flight earlier than 1PM to be safest.

Thanks in advance!!

We decided to fly out of LAX on the day of our return. We have a 2 pm flight scheduled so that will give us enough time however we arrive back in Montreal at midnight...will certainly be a long day.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Archived