Copenhagen hotels pre cruise

btorlv

We were thinking of staying at the Hilton by the airport. Would this be a mistake? Is there public transportation that we could take from there into town? Also, can you take public transportation to the pier, or how much would a taxi cost? I don't know how far the Hilton is from the pier. Thanks for your help

I think it would be a mistake ...you can take the train from the airport to the city centre

I would stay closer to the city then you can walk to most places

There is a thread here by Danish Viking with lots of information on how to use the public transport to the ports

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1772831

You need to check what port/quay your ship will be docked at

YMMV

Edited by LHT28

We stayed at the Airport Hilton this last July. It is three train stops from Tivili. So it worked out very well. The hotel is very nice.

We used the cruise line transfers from the airport. Just walked back across the street and found the cruise line rep. Checked in and got on a bus. Worked very well.

I understand LHT28's comments about staying downtown. But the Hilton worked very well for us.

We stayed at the Airport Hilton this last July. It is three train stops from Tivili. So it worked out very well. The hotel is very nice.

We used the cruise line transfers from the airport. Just walked back across the street and found the cruise line rep. Checked in and got on a bus. Worked very well.

I understand LHT28's comments about staying downtown. But the Hilton worked very well for us.

Thank you, the best part for us is with points its free or some points and $20. About how much us$ to get to the dock and back?

Edited by btorlv

• 2 weeks later...

We got a good deal on the Hilton for our cruise in August. It was SO nice to be able to drop our luggage at the hotel and then go into town.

And it really wasn't a hassle - we'd got the Copenhagen Card which included transport, and found it easy and quick. Generally caught the train, but did try the metro once.

Our hotel deal also included breakfast which we thought was fabulous!

We did consider getting public transport to the cruise ship, but decided a taxi would be less hassle. My husband thinks it cost about £50. I think it was a little less, but maybe he's remembering it with tip added in.

Edited by HawaiiUK
To add a sentence