Solstice Alaska trip review 8/29-9/05

Ballard67

So we completed our cruise here on the 5th of September on board the Celebrity solstice. This was our

first cruise,maybe or maybe not our last. This cruise was a wedding gift by my wonderful wife's parents.

We just had to pay for our gratuities ,shore excursions and spending money. I thought i would write review

right from the beginning. I read so many reviews, oppions input,some/ a lot i agree with some i did not,

all i appreciated there input. It was a great insight to cruising and a typ of travel i have not experienced

before. My thoughts on cruising before was just what i seen on TV and through reading. I have to admit i had

a pre judge opinion that cruising was for the well off, the upper half to say. What i read a lot on the critic

boards did not help my therior. Kind of the saying "look down there nose" at other travelers.

So there will be more on that, some new ways to travel. Thats what a review is for right LOL

So our cruise and about us, like I said it was our(Me 46, Bill, my wife Jaime 41), we where in cabin 6432. My wife's parents

Larry and Linda, my wonderful In laws both 65, both just retired, this will be there second cruise. They did

a cruise on the westerdam some years ago to Alaska. So They where down the hall 6422. So history, how

our cruise came to be LOL. Like I said my In laws just retired from there company that they both work at.

So they revived a retirement gift from a catalog. Well one of there choices was a cruise. They chose that thinking

that they where going to get the cruise for both of them. Well come to find out there company sent them

vouchers for two cruises,meaning two separate cruises. Well me and my wife where just about to get married and

they thought it would be neat to give us one of the cruises, and thought it would be fun all together. Well

of course me and my wife where ecstatic, we had never been on a cruise, and we where so excited. What a wonderful

thing to do for us.

Our cruise was from August the 29th to the 5th of September leaving Seattle with stops at Ketchican,Juno, Skagway

and Victoria. Trip through Tracy fjord on our day In Juno.

Along the way i can answer any questions you might have, this will be fun. I over explain, so i hope you will have fun

reading about our trip.